Getting TMC working in Wince Primo   

Getting TMC working in Wince Primo

Postby elfer99 » Mon May 27, 2024 2:48 pm

I have a new-to-me Dynavin N7 Pro wince HU that came with a licensed copy of Igo Primo. Despite the unit having a TMC receiver there's no TMC displayed with Primo. I'm in the UK, where TMC is carried on Classic FM on 100.9 MHz.

This is the TMC section of the Primo sys.txt
[tmc]
internal_tmc_name="royaltek"
source="royaltek"
port="COM,3"
baud="38400"

I know the unit definitely has a receiver because TMC does work with igo 8. This is the Igo8 system.ini in the save directory
[tmc]
auto_tuning="1"
saved_config_available="1"
saved_config_classname="NMEA_GPSTMC_ROYALTEK"
saved_config_portname="COM"
saved_config_port="3"
saved_last_frequency="1009"
saved_last_tuning_mode="1"

I've a feeling it should be possible to get the TMC working on Primo but despite searching the forums I've not found the solution. It's configured it within the options the option to display live traffic but watching it scan through the frequencies for a TMC signal it doesn't detect one.

(My previous HU was the preceding version Dynavin, the N6, and with that I used Igo 8 instead of the supplied Primo. I'd love to keep using Igo 8 on this new HU but it has a 1024x600 resolution rather than 800x480 of the N6, and I can't find any compatible 1024x600 skins. I just used it in three-quarter screen on the new HU to verify a TMC receiver was present.)
elfer99 offline

Re: Getting TMC working in Wince Primo

Postby elfer99 » Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:25 am

yeah, I thought it was optimistic hoping for assistance on WinCE IGO8 in 2024. I imagine everyone has moved on to newer things now.
elfer99 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core