900 map and GO 740   

900 map and GO 740

Postby cibofbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:39 am

Hi people !

I own a GO 740 LIVE with Western and Central Europe 2GB map (memory card), with 8.371 navcore.

Does this map is supposed to work without any problem, keeping my 8.371 navcore:

Europe_900_4601

?

Moreover, "Europe" map seems to cover much more that "Western and Central Europe" map: isn't it ?

Regards

CiBOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:52 am

You can check the detailed coverage of a map on the TT website (purchase map), or through Home.
No need to actually buy anything just to check ;)
As you can see in our map chart it work with your selection, but you might want to think of using a V9 Navcore as well.
If you make a backup using Windows Explorer you can always go back to your current setup.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cibofbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Downunder35m,

before to post, I already check with TTH, but it does not propose me anything: the reason should be navcore 8.x.
For many reason (slower, buggy and now no more Google search for Live services), I do not want to use navcore 9.x.
Each time I give a try (each new navcore plublication), it's a shame, and go back to navcore 8.x, I re-discover the joy having a brand quick and new GPS.

You know everyting now ;)

CibOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:33 pm

Well in that case you got the right answer.
Good to see that someone still values a V8 Navcore.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cibofbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Tx anyway for your help
I will give a try with this new Europe 900.4601

CibOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

You do realise that currently there is no meta code available?
But it should work with the meta and meta code for the 900 Truck map, meaning you need to edit the meta code for the Truck map to match the meta of the 4601 ;)
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby cibofbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 pm

You are right, I did not realise there is no meta for now.
I could wait: I'm not so lost with my "old" map ;) (885)

CibOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:59 pm

cibofbs wrote:1. Moreover, "Europe" map seems to cover much more that "Western and Central Europe" map: isn't it ?
2. before to post, I already check with TTH, but it does not propose me anything: the reason should be navcore 8.x.
3.For many reason (slower, buggy and now no more Google search for Live services), I do not want to use navcore 9.x.

1. You answer is in the name of the 2 maps .
2. TT Home should offer you 900.XXXX maps that are compatible with a 8.3XX navcore.
3. Navcore 9.465 is the current official navcore for a GO 740. You should not lose any Live Services using it. This navcore is neither "slow" nor "buggy".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cibofbs » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:29 pm

Tendriver,

1) yes for sure: just for a confirmation

2) TTH give me only 3 small country with 900 maps, no major or update for installed map. TTH should but don't ;)

3) I can understand navcore 9 is not so slow on recent GPS model, but it is on a GO 740 (or mine and my brother one are defected, both ??): you have to wait longer pressing buttons, you have to wait longer to calculate roads, samething when you go away from calculated roads. Moving on the map, driving the car, the screen is scrolling scaccaded (steps), and may crash much more often.
Samething with or without POIs, day and night between navcore 8 and 9 (I test again and again each time a new navcore 9.x go out for my Tomtom).
With the latest navocre 9, you loose Google Search in Live Services: it has been replaced with a tomtom crap (for France only ??): doing the same search on both, you found nothing or crap with the new tomtom search, and with google search, lot of coherent results.

That's my personal and brother feedbacks for real testings all of that.

So, what could be wrong ?
What else could we test/modify ?

Regards

CibOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I have both the 9.430 and the 9.485 in different versions available.
All reported to work with X40 devices.
Home only offers you maps that match what you paid for, for other maps you have to select the "add new map" function.
Delays in navigation or the lack of response in the menu is mostly caused by the default setting in a new setup - you have to deselect the POI's shown on the map screen.
Can't make any useful comments on the Live search as I have no device to test.
Again: you can install and test what you like, with a working backup you are back where you started in a few minutes.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:05 pm

cibofbs wrote:Tendriver,

1) yes for sure: just for a confirmation

2) TTH give me only 3 small country with 900 maps, no major or update for installed map. TTH should but don't ;)

3) I can understand navcore 9 is not so slow on recent GPS model, but it is on a GO 740 (or mine and my brother one are defected, both ??): you have to wait longer pressing buttons, you have to wait longer to calculate roads, samething when you go away from calculated roads. Moving on the map, driving the car, the screen is scrolling scaccaded (steps), and may crash much more often.
Samething with or without POIs, day and night between navcore 8 and 9 (I test again and again each time a new navcore 9.x go out for my Tomtom).

4. With the latest navocre 9, you loose Google Search in Live Services: it has been replaced with a tomtom crap (for France only ??): doing the same search on both, you found nothing or crap with the new tomtom search, and with google search, lot of coherent results.

That's my personal and brother feedbacks for real testings all of that.

So, what could be wrong ?
What else could we test/modify ?

Regards

CibOfBS

1. OK
2. Downunder has addressed this issue.
3. I have 9.465 on a GO X20 & I don't have ANY of the issues that you list here!!
4. I can't argue this point. I am aware that TT has replaced Google with "LocalSearch".

That's my personal feedback for real testings all of that.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby cibofbs » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi all

I had to go with 9.465, for using live services and "local search" (replace "google search").

Navcore 9.465 is now less worse thant previsou 9.x navcore.
This latest navcore is a bit slower than 8.371 one, but no choice for having "local search" working and used newest map.

It's ok and close for me

Thanks

CibOfBS
cibofbs offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm

The TT Team sez, "Thanx for the update. You are Welcome. Enjoy!!"

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom