average speed cam issue   

average speed cam issue

Postby combat goofwing » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:47 am

i came across this issue about 12 months ago and i found a work around, just wondered if anyone else has come across it and how they solved it

I found if i updated a navcore(any) then add a new map with speed cams (average ones as well) that when using the sat nav and approaching the average speed cams the sound then went off and only a hard reboot brought it back.I think the issue was that if the warning for the average speed cam and the warning for going over the average speed were set to different sounds then you lost the sound from the device.I got around this by when updating navcore i would add a config file that gives you the "tom tom services" option, then in there i would set the average speed cam sound and average speed sound the same.Once this was done i would remove the config file on some devices as it add menu options like bluetooth that were not features of the devices .This seems to work and stops the loss of sound

hope this helps or if anyone has an easier work around please feel free to add it to the thread
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:41 pm

combat goofwing wrote: if anyone has an easier work around please feel free to add it to the thread

Personally, I don't use TT Speed Cams and don't therefore have this issue. I DO use PGPSW Speed Cams with my own voice warnings and have no such issues with these either, whether they be Fixed, Mobile, Average, Red-light or a wannabe with a handheld on loan from the local constabulary (I just wave at those).

Merry Christmas
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom