Clearing TomTom Login Info?   

Clearing TomTom Login Info?

Postby gm4nsz » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Hello All,

I have an old TT One V1 which I have kept up-to-date with NCs and Map Updates but have not used in anger for some time, so it's time for it to change owner. When I connect it to Home, my login email address appears in the top right corner.

I am presuming that, if I do nothing, the new owner will get that info when they connect it to Home? How do I clean this, and any other personal data on the unit I don't know about, before I move it on, and what, if anything will that do to the unit's functionality?

Thanks.
gm4nsz offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:31 pm

If you want it clear:
Delete the mapsettings.cfg in the map folder.
Delete the following files in the root: settings.dat, CurrentLocation.dat ,ttgo.bif
Restart the device and check again for your details - be aware that if you log into your TT acount with the device connected your Email will be updated again.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:59 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Delete the following files in the root: settings.dat, CurrentLocation.dat ,ttgo.bif

Deleting the togo.bif is not necessary, since the unit creates a new updated one with each boot up.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby TREOLUV » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am

Also, don't forget the tthome.bif. :)
[align=center]920T x 2 (navcore SE 9.026, Testing Downunder 9.510) 720 Navcore 9.101; iphone TT 1.9; Android Tomtom 1.3[/align]
TREOLUV offline

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:25 am

I was including the ttgo.bif since it can contain the Email address and I was not 100% if this content is created as blank as well.
Just checked and on none of my backups I have a tthome.bif, guess it is only installed if Home was used for the NC, but you're right if present it should be deleted as well.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:15 am

Downunder35m wrote:Just checked and on none of my backups I have a tthome.bif, guess it is only installed if Home was used for the NC, but you're right if present it should be deleted as well.

Downunder35m wrote:Restart the device and check again for your details - be aware that if you log into your TT acount with the device connected your Email will be updated again.

TTHome.bif contains the device owner's email address. Deleting it will take care of the issue referred to by Downunder in the second quote above.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby gm4nsz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:41 am

Very many thanks for all the replies. Is this worth putting in the tutorials? There must be quite a few people who sell their TTs on to others.
gm4nsz offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Downunder35m » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:07 am

Most don't bother deleting the info or do a fresh clean install of map and Navcore onto an empty device.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:19 am

Downunder35m wrote:Most don't bother deleting the info or do a fresh clean install of map and Navcore onto an empty device.

A fresh clean install of map and navcore onto an empty device is my preferred method & recommendation.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom