ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9201
ApplicationVersion=529550.1
CurrentMap=Europe_South_925_5412
CurrentMapVersion=925.5412

Map(s):
G:\Europe_South_925_5412\

Storage:
Size 1958MB, Free 186MB

As you may know, Navcore 9.201 is Mireille, which I like for some peculiar features such as a nice display of the route summary screen. Unluckily, there's no way (no menu item) to disable map auto zoom, not even in 2D mode. That annoys me a lot, so I thought that there must be a way to tweak directly with TT settings, which I suppose should be stored in some file, maybe Settings.dat in root. I searched the forum for AutoZoom, discovering someone else had the same issue, but found no way to work around it.
Any Guru knows a way to edit that file, or any other that may be useful for my purpose? Thanks a lot
Last edited by u00328431 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
u00328431 offline

Re: Disabling Auto Zoom on Start Classic NC

Postby u00328431 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:36 am

Up Up Up.... No one can help? My question is: is there a place in which settings are stored, so I can tweak them without the need of a menu? I know Mireille is not from Navitotal, but my question is more general, and maybe of interest for other members :033: . Be kind to a novice... :022:
u00328431 offline

Re: Disabling Auto Zoom on Start Classic

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:43 am

darkMireille is not only not a NT member but also inactive for quite some years now.
There are alternatives to the 9.201, some can be found in the Navcore installers I provide.
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby u00328431 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks for reading, DownUnder. I know that, I've read all posts and also tried 9.510. I think I'll end up installing it on my device, nevertheless I liked some features of 9.201.
Anyway, If I remember well, enabling/disabling autozoom in 2d view is not available in 9.501 either. That's why I asked my (more general) question, which is: "where are TT settings stored?" I guess there must be some kind of repository, most likely a simple file, somewhere, otherwise it would not be possible to remember user prefs when turning off the device.
Of course, my idea is to be able to manually edit such file and change settings this way, no need of a menu.
Am I wrong? Just curious...
u00328431 offline

Postby u00328431 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 am

Update: I could put my hands on another device, identical to the one described above. Since it was completely outdated (NC 9,057, map 850 or so) I deleted everything and copied the whole contents of my previous device on it, using Explorer in removable disk mode. I must say hidden and system files were not set to be considered.
At the end of the copy I used fastactivate to patch the 925 map and everything worked fine. However, I would have expected the two to be just the same, but it isn't so: there is a small difference (some 2KB) in the total and available memory and, surprise, the 'new' one HAS AUTOZOOM DISABLED!. Keyboard settings were different too (Default Alphabetical instead of QWERTY) and also some minor settings
That's funny, isn'it? At first I thought of a hidden file not being transferred, due to the settings above, but it is the TOTAL memory which is somehow less, not only the free memory.
I'm going to clean it again and do a complete copy, including hidden files this time, then try do check for differences. Any clue?
u00328431 offline

Postby u00328431 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:16 am

Cleaned up and copied again, this time with all (hidden & system) files visible, difference in total memory still exists. All the rest working fine, including auto zoom status, which remains the same on both devices: enabled on my old one, disabled on the new. No doubt, this (and several other) setting is stored somewhere, and I cannot see it. Still curious to see where such settings are stored.
However I eventually installed navcore 9,510 and it works, though it is speechless in all emulation except the basic (i.e. the one with the simplified menu which comes with the Start out of the box). All other emulations do no allow voices nor other sounds.
I also have the impression that Auto night mode (switch to night theme when it gets dark) does not work in any emulation, but I have still to test it.
I'm writing these comments because a feedback had been requested in Navcore thread.
I also tried to enable TTConsole (modifying a command file) but as expected it does not work: if I remember what I must have read, NC 9 is not compatible with it. That's a pity, I'm sure being able to have root access would have given me an answer on where settings are stored. Anybody knows a utility to have a command prompt which works on NC 9?
u00328431 offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom