GO520 - USB Device Not Recognized by Windows   

GO520 - USB Device Not Recognized by Windows

Postby Macca-009 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:12 am

I can work around this issue by installing a navcore and map on the SD-card, but does anyone know of a 'proper' fix for this problem?

The GO520 belongs to a friend - it recharges on the USB base mount ok, but will not connect to the PC - all I can get is the 'USB Device Not Recognized' error message from Windows. The same PC accepts my 930 and other devices ok. The 520 gets the same response from other PC's - that eliminates the PC & the cable - leaves only the TT as the source of the problem.

Thanks,

[color="#FF0000"]M[/color][color="#008000"]a[/color][color="#0000FF"]c[/color][color="#A9A9A9"]c[/color][color="#EE82EE"]a[/color]
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:55 am

All you can do is:
Connect the turned off device to the PC,
press the reset button,
turn the TT on.
It now should connect to the PC without problems, if that does not happen you most likely have a hardware problem.
Using the SD is a good option, all you need is install a Navcore and map,activate and patch, insertinto the TT and off you go.
Since it is meant for it I suggest using the 9.401 NC and atch it with FastActivate premium.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:27 pm

Macca-009 wrote:The GO520 belongs to a friend - it recharges on the USB base mount ok, but will not connect to the PC - all I can get is the 'USB Device Not Recognized' error message from Windows. The same PC accepts my 930 and other devices ok. The 520 gets the same response from other PC's - that eliminates the PC & the cable - leaves only the TT as the source of the problem.

This problem occurs when a device is not properly disconnected from a PC.

Downunder35m wrote:Connect the turned off device to the PC,
press the reset button,
turn the TT on

It might be a bit easier to reset before connecting to a PC, if one is using the USB base.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:11 pm

True, have not thought about the problem of removing the device from the doc for the reset as I only use a normal USB cable for my needs :(
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Downunder35m wrote:True, have not thought about the problem of removing the device from the doc for the reset as I only use a normal USB cable for my needs :(

That was posted as a TEASER!! ROFL!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Macca-009 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:23 pm

Downunder35m wrote:True, have not thought about the problem of removing the device from the doc for the reset as I only use a normal USB cable for my needs

Hi guys - thanks for the thoughts/ideas,

Well, I have to say that it was a little awkward getting the 1/8th inch drill-bit to line up exactly with the reset hole and my base now looks like it has woodworm ... and all in vain :(:(:( (as I kind of expected).

But at least I now know that [color="#008000"][color="#00FF00"]td[/color][/color] has a sense of humour :thumbup:

It's gonna have to be the SD card solution then....

Have a good weekend - [color="#0000FF"]M[/color][color="#FF0000"]a[/color][color="#008000"]c[/color][color="#D3D3D3"]c[/color][color="#FF8C00"]a[/color]
GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby tendriver » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Macca-009 wrote:It's gonna have to be the SD card solution then....

Confirm you did a 30 SECOND HARD reset.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Macca-009 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:32 am

tendriver wrote:Confirm you did a 30 SECOND HARD reset.

Yeah.... three times. I'm fairly satisfied that it's hardware - after a reset with the usb still connected to the pc, the device asks if I want to connect to the pc - I answer 'yes' and it partially reboots, Windows puts up the "USB device not recognized" message and the TT 'hangs'. Disconnect the cable and the TT continues to boot to the normal startup screen.

Anyhow, I've got it running with 9.401 on a 4GB SDHC card now, courtesy of TTHome.

One question: Can I safely assume that any files and/or folders in the root of the SD card which also exist in the root of the internal, will take preference over the internal mem files? The zip folder with the UK postal codes in, for example. There is an old version on the internal mem but the latest version on the card.
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:39 am

It can access both internal and SD but since the internal is fu.. it won't matter.
And to my knowledge the files on the SD are prefered if you boot from it.
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom