Help with tomtom one not recognised on PC or home?   

Help with tomtom one not recognised on PC or home?

Postby rogerde » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi all,

Need a little help with me tomtom one not being recognised by pc or tomtom home.
When I turn tomtom on I just get a picture of tomtom, a little picture of a hard drive in left corner and a white cross in a red circle in bottom right corner.
When I connect tomtom to computer through usb the only option on screen is to format the disc drive F before you can use it.

Not sure why this has happened, device was working fine after a recent map update 10 days ago?

Any help much appreciated.

If anymore info is needed then please ask.
rogerde offline

Re: Help with tomtom one not recognised on PC or home?

Postby tendriver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:44 am

rogerde wrote:1. When I connect tomtom to computer through usb the only option on screen is to format the disc drive F before you can use it.
2. Not sure why this has happened, device was working fine after a recent map update 10 days ago?

1. Please do not format, YET!!!!!
2. What have you done since the map update? Please list everything, no matter how small & innocent it may seem.
DO a 30 second hard reset, but nothing more!!!!
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rogerde » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:38 am

Hi tendriver,

The only thing that's happened since the update is my old laptop (Windows 7) packed up over the weekend so I'm now using my daughters Windows 8 laptop. I installed tomtom home onto it, connected tomtom to laptop but tomtom home wouldn't recognise device. Went to this pc ,my computer, and opened f drive to do a back up of tomtom. And that's it, I left it to do it's thing, came back to tomtom and it was off, turned it on and all I got was a picture as described in first post.

Thanks for getting back.
rogerde offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:54 am

rogerde wrote:And that's it, I left it to do it's thing, came back to tomtom and it was off, turned it on and all I got was a picture as described in first post

Did you do a 30 second hard reset, but nothing more, as requested in post 2???
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rogerde » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:26 am

Yes I've done the 30 second reset and get the same result.
rogerde offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:16 pm

rogerde wrote:Went to this pc ,my computer, and opened f drive to do a back up of tomtom.

Now when you open your f drive, is there anything on it?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rogerde » Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:17 pm

tendriver, that's what I can't do is open the tomtom f drive.

As soon as I connect tomtom to laptop and turn it on I get Windows pop-up saying I need to format the drive before I can use it. I click cancel and click on Removable Disc (F:) and it say the same thing to format?
rogerde offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:22 am

rogerde wrote:tendriver, that's what I can't do is open the tomtom f drive.

OK, for clarification, your issue isn't that your puter doesn't "recognize" your one, but because it doesn't "see" your one, since it isn't booted. Run Clear Flash a couple of times. [Please Register or Login to download file]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby rogerde » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Thanks again tendriver for your help here but I think there's still something up with my Tomtom drive. How long should it take to run the clear flash tool. I've been sat here for over an hour and it's still stuck on the:

Please connect the power supply to your TomTom and switch on your TomTom. Next, make sure your TomTom is connected to your computer................... And press the ok button. Press cancel to return to setup menu.

When I press ok (although it's an arrow) the clear flash tool screen just flashes and says exactly as above. Is this normal or should it go to another screen with a status bar?

My TomTom screen has a picture of the TomTom with usb connected. And occasionally a hard drive, a hand with a Red Cross though it and saying please wait flashes up every 8-10 seconds and stays on screen for about 4 seconds.
rogerde offline

Postby rogerde » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Update:

I took the plunge and used an old tool I used to use to partition and format hard drives a few years ago called EaseUS Partition Master.
When I connected my TomTom to laptop and turned it on EaseUS detected drive but it was unallocated. So I clicked on creat partition, gave it a name, fat32, had to give it drive letter g as f wasn't available, clicked on ok and as soon as it done its thing tomtom home booted up and gave me options to update. All updated and ready to install navcore and maps. I may just run clear flash tool to be on the safe side?
rogerde offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:14 am

rogerde wrote: I may just run clear flash tool to be on the safe side?
I would hold Clear Flash as an ACE up my sleeve, in case something goes bad while installing new map & navcore.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom