help, with tomtom one v1   

help, with tomtom one v1

Postby syborg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:00 am

i have a tomtom one v1 and i would like to know which new navcore and map i can install .i do need all the help i can get .cheers
syborg offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:08 am

syborg wrote:i have a tomtom one v1 and i would like to know which new navcore and map i can install .i do need all the help i can get .cheers

Go here: TomTom Current Config for newbies Read the instructions, then download & run the app. Post the results in this thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby syborg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 am

these are the results
what now
thanks for helping

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
syborg offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:12 am

syborg wrote:these are the results
what now
thanks for helping

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

Well done!! Thanx. Confirm your unit has 1GB of internal storage memory, with no SD card slot.
What is your current map & what map do you want?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby syborg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:43 am

the unit comes with a 125mb sd card and has Australian map v650.1114
i would like the latest map i can get
i believe that the unit can use up to 2gb
what do you recommand
syborg offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:56 pm

syborg wrote:the unit comes with a 125mb sd card and has Australian map v650.1114
i would like the latest map i can get
i believe that the unit can use up to 2gb
what do you recommand

Go here: TomTom Automatic Navcore Installation Read the instructions carefully, then select the 8.412 download.
Go here: All New Maps 875.XXXX Select Australia_875_3671 [126MB] OR [size=85]Australia_875_3671 with Automatic Installer & Patcher [/size]
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby syborg » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:57 pm

i followed the instructions and i get a reading telling me[ problem with map-you cannot use this map on this device-australia-421]
i usrd a 512mb sd not the original .
installed the navcore 8.412.
installed map 875-3671.
disconneted from pc
booted up tt
connected to pc
auto activated
i am not sure if i have done the install right

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8412
ApplicationVersion=1236
CurrentMap=
CurrentMapVersion=0.0
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...
thanks again
syborg offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:25 pm

syborg wrote:i followed the instructions and i get a reading telling me[ problem with map-you cannot use this map on this device-australia-421]

It appears that the map did not get patched. You can confirm this by seeing a .meta.dct file in the 3671 map folder. This file is created by the patcher. NO .meta.dct file, then NO patched map
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby syborg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:22 am

you are right
there was no metadct file so i use fast activate insteat of auto activate in the map root directory and it worked
thankyou very much
now i have another problem
i hope you can help me with a tomtom start
it belongs to my dad and
it is only 2 years old and it started to reboot every minute or so
and no satalite signal

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom START
DeviceVersionHW=START
BootLoaderVersion=55274
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9057
ApplicationVersion=562242.2
CurrentMap=Australia
CurrentMapVersion=840.2562
TTGO.BAK:
Not Found...
TTGO.ORI:
Not Found...

what could be wrong and
and if it is repairable i would like to know the latest navcore and map i can use
again thanks for all your help
syborg offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:16 am

syborg wrote:i hope you can help me with a tomtom start it belongs to my dad and it is only 2 years old and it started to reboot every minute or so and no satalite signal

Has any attempt been made to modify the start in any way. I've never known of a device to develope the problems you describe without human hands being involved.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby PiEtU » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:27 am

syborg wrote:you are right
there was no metadct file so i use fast activate insteat of auto activate in the map root directory and it worked

Fast- and AutoActivate use same method... automatic navcore installer contain old version we need update them soon....
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby syborg » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:51 am

no
i did contact tomtom support and this is what they said

Sometimes when you update the device, the quickgpsfix file will be removed but not re-installed. This will mean that tomtom Home will not update the gpsfix on your unit. To fix this, follow the instructions below:

Connect your device to the computer and update as normal.
Next click on Add Traffic/Voices/Safety cameras, using the blue arrow go to page 4.
Now Click on Items on My Computer. this will generate a list of everything downloaded for the unit.
Look for the Quickgpsfix heading and open this up. You should see the quickgpsfix file with a ADD button next to it. Click on this to reload the file to your unit. Now when you update your unit the files will automatically download to the unit

Please follow the steps below in how to remove and reinstall the application to your TomTom device, this could potentially resolve the device rebooting.

Deleting Application and reloading:

1. Open home 2.8,

2. Reset unit and connect to the computer, switch on, now, Go to page 2 of tomtom home and click on Copy to Computer or Manage My (Device Type), select the map and use the copy button
to copy the map across to the computer as a backup, if you have a copy on the pc/Mac already please ignore this step, repeat this step with gpsquickfix and points of interest then proceed
to next step.

3. Go to page 2 of tomtom home and click on Copy to Computer or Manage My (Device Type), Under the tab Items on Device, open the Application heading and tick the box on the right. Next click on
remove item and do not copy to the computer, we want to delete the application completely. Once finished press done and use the More arrow to go to page 1

4. Next minimise Home and click on Start, go to My Computer and look for Devices with Removable Storage, Locate the Tom Tom Drive (may say Tom Tom disc or Internal). Click on this drive.

5. Check the list, you will see a series of yellow folders and then files with no folder in front of them. If it does not have a yellow folder, please delete the file. In the end you will be left with just a
series of yellow folders and their contents. Close the Explorer and bring up Tom tom home again.

6. Click on Update My Device and select only the application and then click Update and Install. Once completed, disconnect the unit and let it reboot. If it works normally, reconnect and continue
to update till it says No items available. Disconnect and you will be ready to go

By following all of the above steps your issue should be resolved but if not please do not hesitate to contact our support team on 1300 135 604 for Australia or 0800 450 973 for New Zealand.
it dident work
syborg offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom