Loquendo TTS with One XL-S   

Postby firefox15 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:43 am

tendriver wrote:1. If you are trying to use folder "Version 7" as your LoquendoTTS voice folder, then the folder is mis-named. It MUST be named LoquendoTTS, not Version 7.

Good catch, but this is just a backup folder I used to compile it and transfer it over. The actual folder is called LoquendoTTS as you stated. Trying to re-expand the cab into the directory now as well as applying BMWDRIVER's patch. My concern is that the patch appears to deal with the voice not playing, but mine is plain not showing up. The only way I can seem to get it to work is with the 8.010 official Navcore and 6.91 Loquendo.

I was really hoping I could update to version 7 with HOME, but no luck. 6.91 is the max, and it breaks with the 8.412 or 9.150 Navcores. HOME will allow me to update to Loquendo 7 after I have a higher Navcore installed, but it does not play, and I thought I read updating voices in HOME after a custom Navcore install was a bad idea anyway.

I also attempted to use 6.91 as a "base" and copied over the 7 folder and overwrote any custom files. The voice did show up then, but I'm guessing it was just the remnants of the version 6.91 voice since 1) nothing played and 2) all the preferences were lost on every reboot. I really do appreciate your guys' help though. I'm sorry that I'm just not getting it. I'm trying, promise!

EDIT: Just finished the re-expansion and patching. No change. Vocalizer still works fine as do the non-computer voices. Is it possible this Navcore just doesn't have support for Loquendo? Would the Clear Flash utility help?
firefox15 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu May 05, 2011 5:48 am

There are different versions of the CAB files, some with and some without Loquendo, but that is the whole difference.
If you copy a working LoquendoTTS folder from one device to the other that it will work.
Only problem is if the device/Navcore does not support this version of Loquendo voices.
Home will only allow you to download Loquendo voices if your original Navcore supports that.
Why not try one of available fullbackups?
This way you know the voices will work and if not all you need is Loquendo patch from BMWDRIVER's post.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby firefox15 » Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 pm

Do you have a recommendation for a full backup version I should try? I'm not sure what the best Navcore would be for this device, but anything version 9 seems to run okay. Do I need a specific 64 MB version like I have now, or will I not notice any difference with a 32 MB version?
firefox15 offline

Previous

Return to General Discussions about TomTom