Maps not working even though meta is available   

Maps not working even though meta is available

Postby ripperuk » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:15 pm

Hi guys,

I have a tomtom Go 720. I honestly have followed the tutorials as best as I could and still can't seem to get the maps to work.

I did the following:-

1. Backup and then Format Fat32 for a clean install.
2. Updated TT navcore via TomTomHome2 and made sure it updated to the latest navcore which is now showing as 9.510.
3. Downloaded and extracted the Navcore 9.510.cab patch (overwriting everything) which i got from here: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12861-Navcore-9.510
4. Downloaded the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_910_4892 Maps Automatic Installer & Patcher, which have the meta data.

Once everything is patched, I started up TT, but got the following error:-

[color="#FF0000"]Problem with map
You can not use this map on this device:
United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-781
[/color]

FYI, I have unfortunately lost the backup i had too :( ...the reason is that i made a backup to a usb stick, but my daughter came and took it as she didn't ask, wiped it and put her mp3 songs on it instead :mad:

I need to get this TT working as we have a trip planned....my own mistake though as i should have done it sooner. Could someone please tell me what I have done wrong??
ripperuk offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 am

What use is it to overwrite an unpatched Navcore with another unpatched NC??
And if everything really was patched it would work, so I suggest to use FastActivate again to make sure the map is done and the NC patched.
If in doubt use a SE ttsystem or one of my already patched Navcores.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:35 pm

ripperuk wrote:1. Backup and then Format Fat32 for a clean install.
2. Updated TT navcore via TomTomHome2 and made sure it updated to the latest navcore which is now showing as 9.510.
3. Downloaded and extracted the Navcore 9.510.cab patch (overwriting everything) which i got from here: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread....-Navcore-9.510
4. Downloaded the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_910_4892 Maps Automatic Installer & Patcher, which have the meta data.
5. Once everything is patched, I started up TT, but got the following error:-
Problem with map
6. I have unfortunately lost the backup i had too :(

1. Mistake #1. The TT Team never recommends formatting, except in the most severe cases.
2. OK.
3. Mistake #2. The correct procedure is either update the navcore using TT Home orusing the downloaded .cab, but not both. As Downunder pointed out, you just copied 9.510 over the top of the same 9.510.
4. OK.
5. This is the classic message when a map is not patched. Look for the .meta.dct file in the UK & ROI map folder, to confirm the map is patched. If there is not a .meta.dct file, put a copy of FastActivate 25.06.2013 & a copy of your 720's ttgo.bif file into the UK & ROI folder, then run FastActivate Option 2 to patch it. If there is a .meta.dct file in the UK & ROI folder, then confirm that your navcore is patched. You can use 9.510 SE ttsystem.rar to patch the navcore, if needed.
6. In the future copy your backup to your desktop.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:46 pm

ripperuk wrote:Hi guys,

I have a tomtom Go 720. I honestly have followed the tutorials as best as I could and still can't seem to get the maps to work.

I did the following:-

1. Backup and then Format Fat32 for a clean install.
3. Downloaded and extracted the Navcore 9.510.cab patch (overwriting everything) which i got from here: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12861-Navcore-9.510

Once everything is patched, I started up TT, but got the following error:-

[color="#FF0000"]Problem with map
[/color]

FYI, I have unfortunately lost the backup i had too :( ...the reason is that i made a backup to a usb stick, but my daughter came and took it as she didn't ask, wiped it and put her mp3 songs on it instead :mad:

I need to get this TT working as we have a trip planned....my own mistake though as i should have done it sooner. Could someone please tell me what I have done wrong??

your navcore from tt home is o.k. you just need to add your 910 map, 910 zip postcode file and voices of your choice, then just patch everything with the latest fast activate.your device should then work.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Is there an ECHO in here????
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:57 pm

tendriver wrote:Is there an ECHO in here????

sorry, your reply wasn't there when i started, i'm just a bit slow.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 pm

dieselman wrote:sorry, your reply wasn't there when i started, i'm just a bit slow.

I'm just teasing ya. I can't tell you how many times i've been just a bit slow!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ripperuk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:06 am

Thank you and Apologies for the misunderstanding guys.

I did patch the navcore, using FastActivate to patch navcore, but still had the maps error. The reason there was a problem is because I downloaded the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_910_4892 Maps Automatic Installer & Patcher and as you can see from this wording, i assumed the maps already have a patcher included, hence i don't need to run Fastactivate to patch the maps.

After using Fastactivate to patch the maps, all is fine, so thank you very much for your advice and help.

I have also managed to update speedcams. But I have 2 problems with regards to Postcode and POI's:

1. I've updated the Postcodes to the latest 910 version, but many of the major roads, are showing as "Unnamed Road", even though my old postcode version showed most.

2. Where can i download the latest list of POI's and how do i update them?

Thanks again
ripperuk offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:51 pm

ripperuk wrote:Thank you and Apologies for the misunderstanding guys.
I did patch the navcore, using FastActivate to patch navcore, but still had the maps error.
[size=100]A. T[/size]he reason there was a problem is because I downloaded the United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_910_4892 Maps Automatic Installer & Patcher and as you can see from this wording, i assumed the maps already have a patcher included, hence i don't need to run Fastactivate to patch the maps.
After using Fastactivate to patch the maps, all is fine, so thank you very much for your advice and help.

I have also managed to update speedcams. But I have 2 problems with regards to Postcode and POI's:

1. I've updated the Postcodes to the latest 910 version, but many of the major roads, are showing as "Unnamed Road", even though my old postcode version showed most.

2. Where can i download the latest list of POI's and how do i update them?

Thanks again

A. You assumption is correct, but sometimes, for whatever reason, the map doesn't get patched.
1. It is not necessary to update the Postcodes, unless you are only able to enter 4 digits.
2. What POIs are you looking for?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ripperuk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi tendriver,

1. I can enter the full postcodes, but many major roads that were showing when i typed in a postcode before, now do not show and instead it states "unnamed road". Is this a map issue or postcode issue? How can i fix this?

2. I'm sure you can get a poi file that has many popular poi locations...thats all it was mate.
ripperuk offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:59 pm

ripperuk wrote:Hi tendriver,

1. I can enter the full postcodes, but many major roads that were showing when i typed in a postcode before, now do not show and instead it states "unnamed road". Is this a map issue or postcode issue? How can i fix this?

2. I'm sure you can get a poi file that has many popular poi locations...thats all it was mate.

1. Could you enter the full postcodes before you updated the Postcodes to the latest 910 version??
2. We rarely have a member to ask about POIs, since the maps contain a huge number of them. Since there is so little member interest, we don't maintain a POI section. If you are looking for a specific POI, not included in your map, you might do a Google search for it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ripperuk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:39 pm

1. No, it was simply giving me the choice of entering street names. But when i had the old maps (i think version 895), i could enter full postcodes.

2. In that case, you can ignore this question as i didn't realise this and i'm happy with the POI's.
ripperuk offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:24 pm

ripperuk wrote: No, it was simply giving me the choice of entering street names. But when i had the old maps (i think version 895), i could enter full postcodes.

Are you saying that with your GO720, Navcore 9.510, UK&ROI 910.4892 & no Postcode 910 update, when you go: Main Menu, Navigate to, Address, Postcode you can only enter street names?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby ripperuk » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:38 pm

Umm...To be honest, i'm not sure as i would have to redo the whole thing again to check :scratch_one-s_head_
ripperuk offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:22 pm

ripperuk wrote:Umm...To be honest, i'm not sure as i would have to redo the whole thing again to check :scratch_one-s_head_

Redo what whole thing? Updating the postcode is nothing more than adding the zip folder to the root of your device. There is nothing to redo, except removing the zip folder from the root of your device.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Next

Return to General Discussions about TomTom