Need help to calibrate my TT One   

Re: Need help to calibreren my TTOne

Postby pe1agp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:55 am

I found some elder information

Touchscreen calibration

So, your TT does no longer give you an "a" when you enter an address or you have to press on weird spots in the menu to select something?
It usually means your digitser for the screen is partially faulty but you might be able to "fix" it without buying a new one.
All current Navcore can use a texfile "cal.txt", located in the root of the device to override the default calibration of the digitiser.
I will base my instruction on that and not on the cilb.txt for older Navcores (little bit different).
Ok, how do I know the values for the cal.txt?
Start your TT (best after a reset) and when the drums start press and hold the power button - this will show you the Linux status screen with all hardware related info.
Row 4 from the top shows your current bootloader, row 4 from the bottom shows the original calibration data of the digitiser.
Only the first values are of interest, the rest shows the voltage for the digitiser.
As an example from my device:

93 921 147 840
The values are:
93 = min X
921 = max X
147 = min Y
840 = max Y

One word of advise: the values inside the cal.txt are in a different order!
The sequence of the cal.txt is : Max X Min X Max Y Min Y
That means the 93 921 147 840 on the status screen translate to 921 93 840 147 inside the cal.txt!
With those values the will react exactly the same way as without the cal.txt present, if that is not the case check the values and the place again.
Keep in mind this is only an example and you have to use the values as shown on your status screen!

Normal touchscreens use a co-ordinate system and a point calibration, TT prefers to calibrate the start and end of the X- and Y- axis, so be prepared for a lot of reboots and changes inside the cal.txt!
I only describe how to calibrate the Y-axis, procedure is identical for the X- axis.
As by my example start changing the mx Y value.
If you lower the value the reaction on the screen should go down, if you increase the value the reaction should go more to the top of the screen.
Change the value by about 50, save the cal.txt in the root of your device and boot the TT.
You should notice a little difference already.
Try to remember by how much it has changed to get an estimate on how much further you need to change this value only.
Once you reach a point were you think it feel ok start the address input with the big keyboard for the finetuning.
Hint: If you notice after the changing the max value there is barely any change adjust it by about 200 and try again, if still no real change use the min value to start the calibration.
You now change both the min and the max value to get the most accurate result, using a touchpen is a good idea.
Only minor changes in the values should made at this stage and only one value at a time, otherwise you might end up messing around.
The final check should confirm the menu buttons work fine, all characters and numbers in the screen keyboard are assigned correctly and the zoom buttons in the map screen are working.
Don't be too disapointed to notice the keyboard works but the zoom buttons don't - they are very small and in the corners so only a perfect calibration will get them back working.

In case the input is off in both axes you should still start with the Y section to get the height correct before adjusting the x axis.
Changing both at the same time makes it really hard to figure out what change caused the reaction on the screen.
I hope this will to get your TT going again.

As a real world example:
The Y axis on tendriver's X20 was out of calibration & had to be lowered. The original Y values, on the Linux status screen, were: 134 856. After re-calibrating the Y axis back into alignment, the new Y axis values were 460 50. These new values were entered into the cal.txt file.
Keep in mind this is only an example, and you have to use the values as shown on your status screen!
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby holyhead » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:08 am

I don,t know why you want to know how to calibrate.
It is already told to you in the past.
So read your own topic.
You then said
Tomorrow I try to navigate and hopefully it will not restart again by it self.
I let you know.
So I heard nothing more a forum is not a one way street.

viewtopic.php?f=81&t=19586&p=160378#p160378
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby sverige » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:49 am

I am very sorry that I did not respond anymore and yes it worked at that time but now not anymore.
If you want me to continue in my previous topic please let me know and I move my question to that topic and this topic can be deleted.
It is not my intention to use this forum as a one-way-forum and that is not the way I normally do so if you don´t want to help me out I am looking forward.
So please don´t be upset :lol:

Now I have an other problem which is also a calibrating problem, what I change in the cal.txt it does not work so in that point of view it is an other problem
That is why I wrote at the end of my opening question :
When I change 92 into 112 and restart the TT it does not work and when I restart TT and keep the on/off button then I get the black screen and then I see that Touchscreen calib.data does not change and is still 92 917 108 878
So what I do it does not change anything.
sverige offline

Postby holyhead » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:31 am

I am not upset I am disappointed

When U use this method the calibration numbers are not changing on the info screen.
They stay approx the same as before the calibration.
That is the reason that you have to keep a copy of the call.txt as I said before because after removing it
you have the same fault.

Download

Unpack and read the instruction.
Further we like to hear the result Good or Bad
Last edited by holyhead on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby fredderf » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 am

Topics merged...

sverige: help us to help you by keeping us up to date with the results, it's not much to ask
fredderf offline

Administrator

Postby sverige » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 pm

I am sorry that you are disappointed that is not my intention but it is also my last sorry in this matter.
I am an uman person who runs to 70 and yes I forget something sometimes, special if you don´t use it so much

Back to topic :
I did not know that the info screen does not change

I have a copy of the cal.txt and yes I copy it back and no it does not change anything

I already have the download software on my TTOne and again that does not work.
You send it before in post 8 of my previous topic about calibration
sverige offline

Postby holyhead » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm

So I am older but back to Topic. If it don,t works you have to calibrate manual see the dutch site (you have done it before) [Please Register or Login to download file]
If this method also don,t work then the only option is to buy a touchscreen for the One on Ebay.
Last edited by holyhead on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Re: Need help to calibrate my TT One

Postby pe1agp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:28 pm

Old boys network here ? :lol:
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby sverige » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:02 pm

That explain how much work you do for members and so you don´t forget a lot in this matter.
If you read back then you see that I try this methode and that did not work.
I push the calibrar icon and now I can not push any button anymore
I try to connect to the PC but I can not push the JA button so I am not able to connect to the PC so far
I keep trying but if I can not get it done I trow it away because a new touchscreen cost more then an used TT
sverige offline

Postby pe1agp » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:15 pm

Yes for sure, I bought last time a TomTom One XL wih SD slot for only € 45
You could give a try to open your device, clean the flatcable connector and try once more to connect with your pc.
But I've my doubts, once the touchscreen is faulty, ony a replacement will be the solution in my opinion.
By the way I bought some time ago a brand new touchscreen for the TomTom One for just only € 10
I guess you're also living in The Netherlands, I stil have his email address available for you.
He is from our age, so the Old Boys Network is still going on
I'll send you a PM, mind your mailbox, please.
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby sverige » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:59 am

@pe1agp, thank you for your help and the PM but as I wrote before I don´t buy parts for such an old TT even it is a TTOne IQ Routes Edition with 2GB

Update :
Yesterday I try to connect many times but no connection to my PC so I was thinking how I do that with a computer if something strange happen, I unplug the power and restart it 3 times to take all power out of the capacitors and then connect the power again and mostly it work again
So I switch on the TT for the night and this morning is was off, then I push 3 times the power button but the TT did not switch on so battery is empty and hopefully also the capacitors and hopefully this will work
So I connect the TT to the PC and switch the TT on and it connect to the PC without the screen "connecting to computer - No - Yes"
Then I delete the cal.txt file wich I already have on my PC and disconnect the TT from the PC and connect it to the loader.
Then I restart the TT again and now I could push the calibrar icon
After finishing it works again just like it should work and I copy the new cal.txt to my PC, the new numbers in the cal.txt are : 993 287 937 111

Hopefully this is helpful for other peoples
I wrote a notice in my PC to remember me the next time if it happen again and unsubscribe this topic.
Have a nice day everbody :lol:
sverige offline

Postby holyhead » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:08 am

So I am glad that the calibrar program final worked. :023:
holyhead offline

V.I.P Member

Postby pe1agp » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:11 am

Good news and thanks for your usefull information
pe1agp offline

User avatar V.I.P Member