TT One XL capabilites - compatibilities   

TT One XL capabilites - compatibilities

Postby HiQual » Sat May 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello
I have a TT one XL with 4gb SDHC card that now has a current bootloader (5.5128) and navcore (9.510).
I downloaded and installed the wrong map "Europe_West_950.6544" - all worked fine but I really wanted "Western_Europe_950.6493" that's with ALG + IQR so I downloaded and installed that, but it would not work.
Tried Fastactivate on the new map and it said map was incomplete.
Compared map folders, and saw oldmap.meta.dct missing, so copied and renamed newmap.meta.dct to new map folder and ran fastactive again and it reports both maps now OK.
But TT one XL still refuses to switch to the new map - is there a compatibility problem with an old TT and the newer ALG, IQR features ?
Many thanks.
HiQual offline

Re: TT One XL capabilites - compatibilities

Postby dieselman » Sat May 30, 2015 9:39 pm

There are no compatability issues with your device or current set up, but western europe 950.6492 is the full featured map of choice.
Your device will work better with downunders 9.510 navcore for 32mb models if thats not what you are using already.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Sat May 30, 2015 10:38 pm

HiQual wrote:1. I have a TT one XL with 4gb SDHC card that now has a current bootloader (5.5128) and navcore (9.510).
2. I downloaded and installed the wrong map "Europe_West_950.6544" - all worked fine but I really wanted "Western_Europe_950.6493" that's with ALG + IQR so I downloaded and installed that,
3. but it would not work.Tried Fastactivate on the new map and it said map was incomplete.
4. Compared map folders, and saw oldmap.meta.dct missing, so copied and renamed newmap.meta.dct to new map folder and ran fastactive again and it reports both maps now OK.
5. But TT one XL still refuses to switch to the new map -
6. is there a compatibility problem with an old TT and the newer ALG, IQR features ?

1. OK.
2. OOPS!! 6493 is not usable [no meta code per meta code file dated May 25].
3. true.
4. You can't do this, no way, no how!!!!
5. I wonder why?? Maybe point 4 is a clue.
6. No just a USER compatibility problem. LOL!!

BTW, take a look at Western Europe 950.6548. It is the only WE 950 map that is usable. [it has a meta code per meta code file dated May 25]
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby HiQual » Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 am

Many thanks to "Dieselman" - I confirm I have "downunders" navcore.
And many thanks to "tendriver" for politely pointing out the error of my ways.
I can use the "6544" map so will wait for the meta code for the "6493" map rather than download again (unless I can find a torrent for "6548").
I really appreciate both your help - it has saved me a lot of time.
HiQual offline

Postby HiQual » Sun May 31, 2015 10:45 am

Update from OP
I didn't realize the "950 maps" thread page carried on down, and down, and down !!! - found the faster downloads from ninja.
HiQual offline

Postby tendriver » Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 am

HiQual wrote:I can use the "6544" map so will wait for the meta code for the "6493" map rather than download again (unless I can find a torrent for "6548

Hum, let's think about the logic of this for a second. You had rather use a no features map "6544" while waiting for the meta code for the "6493" map, which may take days, weeks, months or never, rather than downloading "6548", which is usable now and has the same features as the "6493" map???
For BIG maps, I set up JDownloader at night & have a new map waiting the next morning.
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby tendriver » Sun May 31, 2015 11:13 am

HiQual wrote:found the faster downloads from ninja.

For quality control reasons, we don't support 3rd party maps.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom