ApplicationVersion=9369
CurrentMap=Eastern_Atlantic_Islands_885_4010
CurrentMapVersion=885.4010

Map(s):
G:\[color="#FF0000"]Europe_910_4892_1.75GB[/color]\
G:\Eastern_Atlantic_Islands_885_4010\

Storage:
Size 1957MB, Free 110MB

Should have checked the device/map chart before doing this job!:o This is a 32MB device with 2GB internal flash.
From much reading I see that my work is cut out if I want to use the 910 4892 map highlighted above. The owner cant wait for the META to turn up for the correct map so my solution would be to use a v9 navcore. I have not done a 32MB device before and read here and elsewhere of them struggling to cope with unofficial navcores. Search shows me "Navcore 9.485 for most devices" courtesy of Downunder35m.
I do not seek bell or whistle, just basic functionality.
roydrage offline

Postby Downunder35m » Mon May 27, 2013 4:04 pm

Well, you already found of my NC's suitable for 32mb ;)
All the latest Navcore versions are available for 32mb devices using my installer, even the Truck Navcore.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby roydrage » Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Well, you already found of my NC's suitable for 32mb
All the latest Navcore versions are available for 32mb devices using my installer, even the Truck Navcore.

A speedy reply from a hard working mod! I will try your installer out and trial the device. That Memory boost version, I will try that to start with. The more I strive to learn about supporting these devices the more I realise I don`t know. I do them for friends for free (a beer in the bar at most!). Most of them own x20 and x30 models with SD slots. I like them because I have a 720 so life is easy. Without the support of you wizards and the other people on this community I would be stuffed.
roydrage offline

Postby tendriver » Mon May 27, 2013 4:34 pm

roydrage wrote:The more I strive to learn about supporting these devices the more I realise I don`t know.

The basic navcore &/or map upgrade procedure is the same for ALL models. So, it becomes just a matter of the right navcore/map combo for each model.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby roydrage » Mon May 27, 2013 9:55 pm

tendriver wrote:The basic navcore &/or map upgrade procedure is the same for ALL models. So, it becomes just a matter of the right navcore/map combo for each model.

I agree entirely tendriver. However the fine detail to get the most from our devices comes from the diligence of the seniors of this community such as yourself and the other mods and prolific contributors.
People should always help themselves but guidance and the work of others is priceless.
I have a 910 4892 map on a TT One v7 device that should not support that map and it works. I will trial it during my work tomorrow and see if it keeps up with my driving turns. If all runs smoothly enough my friend should have a device to get him to his holiday destination.
Thanks to everybody who contributes here.
roydrage offline

Postby tendriver » Tue May 28, 2013 1:46 am

roydrage wrote:I have a 910 4892 map on a TT One v7 device that should not support that map and it works

The installed navcore determines what maps are supported, not the device itself. The device comes into play, when determining which version will fit on it.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom