Safety Cam update   

Safety Cam update

Postby bondy99 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:27 am

@ tendriver

I need some clairification regarding Safety Cam update.

I have the latest Autralian Map version for my TomTom device and navcore 9.510. I have noticed the SafetyCam in the map is a bit old...it has 2010.

The FastActivate folder I downloaded contains FastActivate Application, Integrated_meta text document and a Help Folder with instructions in various languages.

My map is updated, Tom Tom Home is updated, Navcore is updated. I have no idea whether POI is updated as I could not see any POI's for Australia. SafetyCam needs to be updated.

With respect to the FastActivate application, I understand I need to run it to patch SafetyCam but do I need to patch the map as well as Navcore if they are already up to date?

Cheers, Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:32 am

bondy99 wrote:With respect to the FastActivate application, I understand I need to run it to patch SafetyCam but do I need to patch the map as well as Navcore if they are already up to date?

If your 9.510 navcore , current Aussie map & 2010 speedcam files have been patched (patched speedcam is confirmed if a .ov2.dct file is in the map folder), then no additional patching is required. Just copy the current Aussie ov2 & ver files to the map folder, overwriting the 2 older files.
If navcore & map are patched, but not the old speedcam, then create a folder & copy the new Aussie ov2 & ver files, FastActive & a copy of your device's
ttgo.bif file to the created folder. Run FA option 2 to patch the cams. Copy the .ov2, .ov2.dct, & ov2 ver files to the new map folder. DONE!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby bondy99 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:45 pm

@ tendriver

Thanks very much for clarifying this for me.

Cheers, Bondy99
bondy99 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:03 pm

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom