Tom Tom XXL help please   

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:52 pm

What navcore are we looking at in the screen shot?

Let's not format quite yet!!!
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:58 pm

do not know what navcore as there is no ttgo .bif file, where else could i find out
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:13 pm

combat goofwing wrote:1. problem seems to bee i can not write to the device
2. any thing i try to copy over i get an error

1. How did a navcore get installed on 9/14 & a map 0n 9/16, if you can't write to the device?

2. This appears to be a FastActive Error.

Is the TT Home "Operate my device" functioning with this unit?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:18 pm

dont know its not mine some one at work whos messed it up, said one minute it was ok next minute its like this .what do you mean by fast activate error
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm

stop the press all of a sudden i can write to device no error messages ,
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby combat goofwing » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:25 pm

still think there is an issue as its still sticking on boot screen so whats the best process to follow from now fresh instal etc ?
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:06 pm

I have a favor to ask. You have full EDIT rights to your posts. It makes our job a bit easier, if you will edit rather than multi-post as you have done above.

This only applies, if your's is still the last post in the thread.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:01 pm

so managed to get the navcore on the device but im having the same problem on this XXL as i have with my own tt one iq routes

when i try to copy the voices or zip codes or map over im getting the same error message as attached when it gets to transfering certain from the map, and i end up with a folder with loads of odds files in that it wont let me delete, the first shot is the error message i get , the second is what it leaves behind in the map folder if i cancel or try to skip the item and it will not let me delete these files from the device
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:27 pm

combat goofwing wrote:1. so managed to get the navcore on the device but im having the same problem on this XXL as i have with my own tt one iq routes

2. when i try to copy the voices or zip codes or map over im getting the same error message as attached when it gets to transfering certain from the map, and i end up with a folder with loads of odds files in that it wont let me delete, the first shot is the error message i get , the second is what it leaves behind in the map folder if i cancel or try to skip the item and it will not let me delete these files from the device

1. Post 13 screnshot 2 shows an installed nc. Did you replace it? If so what nc did you replace it with?
2. Post 13 screnshot 2 shows an installed W & CE map. Did you replace it? If so what map did you replace it with?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:09 pm

Ok ill start again but i will say im not sure if this is a device problem or PC problem or even a usb lead problem . started with the XXL but the TTone IQ routes i got for the wife has the exact same issue so ill explain that.
Device would not go past boot screen,so i formatted device using sd card formatter posted in this thread and then connected to tom tom home
Tom tom home installed navcore 8415 on my wifes (one iq routes) device with out any issues,however when i started trying to transfer maps( uk map 895 4444, voices, postcodes over i was getting the errors shown in screen shot post 23(they are from the tt one I q routes
so thinking it was the a navcore issue i decided to try it the other way around, clear everything off the device and tried to add maps etc first before the navcore with the same results

It starts to transfer the files then i get the error message, after i quit, or select skip it stops and what is left behind on the device is the mixed up files i can not delete in the 2nd screen shot on post 23

If i try to install a navcore from this site with out using tom tom home i get the same issues im having with trying to transfer maps

the XXL has the same issues but as thats for a mate it can wait ill sort the wifes first and then his

hope this is clear and helps
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:14 pm

If you have two device that get the same symptoms I would say that you're doing something wrong as this is too much of a coincidence....
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:31 pm

i would agree or may be a pc issue ?
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:45 pm

combat goofwing wrote:the XXL has the same issues but as thats for a mate it can wait ill sort the wifes first and then his

How did you expect us to help you when you are jacking around with 2 different units & don't tell us? Plus you are experimenting on your own!! Lock the XXL in a closet & don't touch it!!

What map do you want on the One IQ??
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby combat goofwing » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:47 pm

im not jacking around, i put the xxl away yesterday it was today i discovered the same issue with the one i q routes which is what im trying to solve now

an update after connecting to tom tom home again it has now updated the navcore again to 9430, but still getting the same issue when trying to transfer the map 895 4444
combat goofwing offline

Premium Member

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:52 pm

Judging by the access problems as shown by FA and ruling out that both devices have a completely wrong BL,
I would say try it first on a different PC.
If worse comes to worse do a clean install of your PC as it can be caused by firewalls, drivers, blocking software or a process running in the background.
Other alternative would be to test with a live CD running Linux or a basic XP system.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions about TomTom