Tomtom 520 ???   

Tomtom 520 ???

Postby captnemo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi there total newbie to hacking sat nav's here, but looking to get the latest or best navcore and maps for my Tomtom 520, a list of software tools need would be appreciated too??

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned a thousand times before but im really struggling to find the information i need regarding my Tomtom model and the whole process is starting to get a little tedious now :0(

Im currently using navcore version 8.351

and using map version Uk and Ireland 715.1703

Thanks in advance.
captnemo offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 pm

captnemo wrote:Hi there total newbie to hacking sat nav's here, but looking to get the latest or best navcore and maps for my Tomtom 520, a list of software tools need would be appreciated too??

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned a thousand times before but im really struggling to find the information i need regarding my Tomtom model and the whole process is starting to get a little tedious now :0(

Im currently using navcore version 8.351

and using map version Uk and Ireland 715.1703

Thanks in advance.

8.351 is the current navcore for your 520. Go here: SE_ttsystem.8.351.9982.rar Download this 8.351 pre-patched ttsystem file & replace the current file with it.
Go here: 875 maps with installer and FastActivate Read the instructions. Select: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland_875_3613

Done.http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://linksave.in/4579566734e4d81e0ca81b
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby captnemo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:21 pm

First of all i'd like to say Thank you to Tendriver, i've downloaded the bits and bobs you mentioned and applied the pre-patched ttsystem file, now I've hit a stumbling block with the map...., Ive downloaded and unrar'ed the map files and am now left with two files disk1.pak and disk2.pak but I'm now stuck about what to do with these files and I'm unfamiliar with this file format.
hope someone can help a little further, Ta.
captnemo offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:15 am

You don't do anything with the disk1.pak and disk2.pak files. You click Install.exe, which uses the disk1.pak and disk2.pak files to install the map.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby captnemo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks once again tendriver, i missed the install exe that extracted with the .pak files dohh..., messy desktop lol.

Ive done all you said but still having a nightmare...

1, first of all, stupidly i forgot to back my tomtom up (Major Bad)
2, did what you said but tomtom will not boot to usable map, when connected to tomtom home it says - problem with the map - cannot use uk and ireland map

I'd really appreciate a little more advice, is it possible to download the original software tomtom software that i never backed up???
or is it possible to salvage what software i have installed on there already???

I wait with crossed fingers, cheers
captnemo offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:03 pm

captnemo wrote:Thanks once again tendriver, i missed the install exe that extracted with the .pak files dohh..., messy desktop lol.

Ive done all you said but still having a nightmare...

1, first of all, stupidly i forgot to back my tomtom up (Major Bad)
2a, did what you said but tomtom will not boot to usable map,
2b.when connected to tomtom home it says - problem with the map - cannot use uk and ireland map

3. I'd really appreciate a little more advice, is it possible to download the original software tomtom software that i never backed up???
or is it possible to salvage what software i have installed on there already???

I wait with crossed fingers, cheers

1. Not a major problem.
2a. Open the 875 map folder & confirm that you don't have a 875 map folder within a 875 map folder.
2b. Either the map has not been patched or TT Home has not been patched. Confirm the map is patched by seeing a .meta.dct file in the map folder.
3. Yes & maybe.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby captnemo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:40 pm

Sorted! , many thanks Tendriver, Tomtom working great now.
captnemo offline

Postby tendriver » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:57 pm

captnemo wrote:Sorted! , many thanks Tendriver, Tomtom working great now.

You are Welcome. Enjoy!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom