TomTom One 3rd Generation   

TomTom One 3rd Generation

Postby noparking247 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Good morning all,
I have a TomTom One 3rd Generation. I have stock NavCore installed (8.10).

1. Is there a good reason to upgrade the NavCore to an (officially) unsupported version other than latest maps?
2. Same question as #1, only in regards to bootloader?
3. Is there a way to "hack" the TomTom One to do turn by turn navigation rather than just saying "turn left"?
4. I used http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12951-Tom-Tom-One-3rd-Edition-1GB-USA-Map-Help as an example. I'm guessing I would be OK with installing "USA_and_Canada_905_4855"?

Thanks for the help!
noparking247 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 pm

1-3 : Check our tutorials and do some reading in the general section.
4 : There was just a thread about the size limit and the US maps in the general section.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby noparking247 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:54 pm

1-3 - Such as? I looked through and couldn't see anything glaringly obvious
4 - You mean like the one I referenced IN my post?
noparking247 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:18 pm

4. I meant a recent thread with 920 maps in use.
3. If there would not, we would have nothing to do here at all.
2. A simple forum search in regards to the bootloader will always give you the same answers.
1. Check the differences and decide for yourself.
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby noparking247 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:23 pm

3 - I'm not seeing anything in regards to someone successfully modding a TomTom One to have street name navigation? Is this a current possibility or a work in progress?

Overall I am not finding the assistance overly helpful. I have done my reading and am looking for confirmation/assistance rather than just RTFM posts. Perhaps a specific reference would be more beneficial. :012:
noparking247 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:50 pm

1. modding is nothing we do with a Tomtom, you can do that to your PC case or toaster
2. if you would have actually read the tutorials you would know that spoken street names are feature called CSSPEECH - usually a part of the ASR system
3. assistance is something you give if there is a problem, lack of knowledge of terms is no problem as simple reading can fix it
4. a quick look at the map chart would tell wich maps support ASR and CSSPEECH - and it also shows what Navcore is required for it
5. suitable installers for all current Navcores can be found in the section with the same name

So forgive my ignorance if I don't see the problem here.
What would be the use if I tell you take this Navcore, add this map and off you go?
You not understand a thing about the way and most likely encounter more problems on the way.
You need to understand what features come from a Navcore and what features come from a map - and why you need a certain Navcore to support map features.
Usually people check the chart, select a map and visit the Navcore section for a suitable Navcore, maybe you are making things a bit hard on yourself...
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom