tomtom one v2   

tomtom one v2

Postby dieselman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 am

hi,
my son is working abroad with his tt one v2 but i have a full back up of his device on my computer. if i do a 2gb sd card with patched maps and navcore will it work on his device with the original internal memory i.e. unpatched. i think it probably will, but if it will not you'll save me the price of an expensive stamp.

kind regards
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:41 am

dieselman wrote:hi,
my son is working abroad with his tt one v2 but i have a full back up of his device on my computer. if i do a 2gb sd card with patched maps and navcore will it work on his device with the original internal memory i.e. unpatched. i think it probably will, but if it will not you'll save me the price of an expensive stamp.

kind regards

You are 100% correct. 1 caveat. A map is device specific. Patch it using the ttgo.bif file from your full backup of his ONE V2.
Suggestion: Build the setup for his device, but patch it for your device, so you can test it before you send it. If all is well, patch it for his device & off to the Post Office you go.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

tendriver wrote:You are 100% correct. 1 caveat. A map is device specific. Patch it using the ttgo.bif file from your full backup of his ONE V2.
Suggestion: Build the setup for his device, but patch it for your device, so you can test it before you send it. If all is well, patch it for his device & off to the Post Office you go.

Sound advice. Made up an sd card from his backup and copied this to a spare card swapped the bif file on the spare card for mine and patched both cards. tried the spare card in my device....Perfect. Tried his card in tomtom home.. operate my device...Perfect.
Off to the Post Office, Many thanks. Also many thanks to Popeye who sorted me out a dead link.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:33 am

You are Welcome. Hope your son enjoys!!

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom