tomtom one v3   

tomtom one v3

Postby dieselman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:48 pm

loaded my stock 9.510 for 32mb devices(downunders) with reskin edited for go x30 only onto a one v3 which has two help icons but no tomtom sevices icon for speed cameras. loaded the same n.c. onto another v3 and its fine.Is there anything i can edit in the navcore or should i give it another go? if this device had an sd card i'd just start again but i don't like overworking internal memories..

kind regards
dieselman offline

Re: tomtom one v3

Postby Razorblatter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Interesting question.
I had the same issue a few weeks ago.
Would love to hear an answer to this.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dieselman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:59 pm

i had a thought and put the sdkregistry file and an unedited skin file back in and found an emulation that gave me what i wanted, then re-edited reskin file again and deleted sdkregistry again.
dieselman offline

Postby Razorblatter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:05 pm

I know about editing the reskin file but what do you mean with deleting sdkregistry and what does that accomplish?
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dieselman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

once you have edited the reskin file to the emulation you want deleting the sdkregistry removes the option in the menu of the skin chooser as far as i'm aware. if im wrong i'm sure the great man downunder will be along shortly to put me right.
this is what i normally do and have had no problems.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

dieselman wrote:found an emulation that gave me what i wanted

Rats!! I was almost ready to post a literary masterpiece reply, but you spoiled that. Image
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Razorblatter » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:25 pm

Thanks!
Both of you.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:25 pm

dieselman wrote:once you have edited the reskin file to the emulation you want deleting the sdkregistry removes the option in the menu of the skin chooser as far as i'm aware

You are correct, BUT there is no valid reason for doing this, other than personal choice. You loose the option of changing the emu "on the fly"
I do not give help by PM. It deprives our other members of a chance to learn. Please post your issue in the appropriate forum/thread. You will get an answer.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:09 pm

if you are sorting a tomtom for someone else you don't want to give them too many opportunities to mess it it up or frighten them. thats why i delete sdkregistry once rekin is edited
dieselman offline

Postby Razorblatter » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:16 pm

Hmm, I am (again) struggling with this. I don't understand how dieselman solved the issue of the missing Speed Cams option (and double Map Correction icon) by changing the skin.

I thought to outsmart it by controlling the One 30 series via TTH but the speed cams option within TT Services is greyed out.

So perhaps a few more words (or even consecutive steps) on this matter? Thanks!
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby tendriver » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:53 pm

Razorblatter wrote:So perhaps a few more words (or even consecutive steps) on this matter? Thanks!

Since different devices have different features, & all features don't work on all units, a user must do a bit of emu T&E to find the one that works best on his device.
Hopefully avoiding issues like dieselman ran into.
Example: a GO X20 with the emu set for a X40, will have "Jukebox", but not auto day/nite brightness (and auto day/nite color change).
The same GO X20 with the emu set for a X50, will have auto day/nite brightness (and auto day/nite color change), but no "Jukebox".
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby dieselman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm

a perefect explanation tendriver. in my case i've three tom tom ones v3, identical, or so i thought.two of them work perfectly in the x30 emulation but one of them has two help icons and no tomtom services icon in the same emu, so i've had to use another emu on the odd one out. i've no idea why that should be the case.
Same models but different ages, maybe.
dieselman offline

Postby Razorblatter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Okay, I tried three emu's and all had the double help icons and the missing TomTom Services.

I guess I've got to intensify my skin options. Thanks.
Razorblatter offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dieselman » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:25 pm

emulation :one: and emulation :xl: were the only two that gave me what i needed on my odd one out.
The bootloader is the only thing different but i can't see that making a difference. just try the xl or the one emu.
dieselman offline

Postby tendriver » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:25 pm

dieselman wrote:The bootloader is the only thing different but i can't see that making a difference.

If the 2 units, that are working perfectly, have the same version bootloader installed in them, then change your odd one out unit to that same bootloader..
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom