TomTom XL IQ Routes - Map Update   

TomTom XL IQ Routes - Map Update

Postby creative-2009 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:27 pm

I've had a TomTom XL IQ Routes for just over a year now and have been looking to update the maps. I've been putting it off because all of the guides I found seemed a bit complicated, however yesterday I stumbled across the "All New Maps 860.XXXX" thread, and its 'automatic installer & patcher'.

So I decided to give this a try and it seems to have worked, although it actually seemed a bit too easy, so I just want to check that I haven't missed out any steps.

Literally all I have done is downloaded the file, plugged in the TomTom, ran the file, and then gone into the preferences in the TomTom and changed to the new map. Is it really as easy as this, or are there some steps that I've overlooked? It seems to be working fine.

Also, I'm unable to access my favourites since I've changed over to the new map, is there any way of getting them copied over to the new map? I can still access them if I switch back to the old map.

Thanks in advance.
creative-2009 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:39 pm

creative-2009 wrote: 1. Literally all I have done is downloaded the file, plugged in the TomTom, ran the file, and then gone into the preferences in the TomTom and changed to the new map. Is it really as easy as this, or are there some steps that I've overlooked? It seems to be working fine.

Also, I'm unable to access my favourites since I've changed over to the new map, is there any way of getting them copied over to the new map? I can still access them if I switch back to the old map.

Thanks in advance.

1. It's really as easy as that. Running all of the patcher options takes care of patching everything that needs to be patched.
2. Copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the old map to the new.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby creative-2009 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:34 pm

Unbelievable! Thanks very much for your help, very handy having my favourites back!
creative-2009 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:32 pm

You are Welcome. Anything else that we can help you with before we mark this thread "solved" & close it?
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby creative-2009 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:22 pm

That's everything for now thanks. Might pop back in a few weeks and look into the fuel prices/saefty cameras.
creative-2009 offline

Postby tendriver » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm

We will be here

THREAD_CLOSED
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Return to General Discussions about TomTom