Tomtom Via 120 Live   

Tomtom Via 120 Live

Postby Gerry5039 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 pm

Does anyone know how to unlock these please, they are locked, and if I had known that I would not have bought it today.

Guess its going back.
Gerry5039 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby tendriver » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:10 pm

o
Gerry5039 wrote:Does anyone know how to unlock these please, they are locked, and if I had known that I would not have bought it today.

Guess its going back.

We have nothing on this unit. Taking it back is an excellant idea.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Gerry5039 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Good answer thanks
Gerry5039 offline

Postby Gerry5039 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 pm

Well I am really annoyed now as I cannot return this Tomtom to where I bought it, as it is not faulty, so I am stuck now with this piece of crap. :mad:

I rang Tomtom support and asked why we were no longer allowed to customise our units, and they came straight out with to stop piracy, so we can no longer download anything from the internet and install it in your tomtom, they are locked and will be staying like that from now on. No more custom sounds, Poi's, Voices, bluetooth connection other than by phone no more connection to car radio, no SD cards or anything else, unless you buy it from them on their site, and they install it via TomTom Home.

Sometimes you will get your map and you are unable to install it all on your unit, here is their solution:-

"Due to the continuous improvements in our map quality, some new maps may not fit on your device. In these cases, detailed Map Zones are offered for download. You can only use one Map Zone on your device at a time but it's easy and free to change to another zone at any time using [color="red"]tomtom.com[/color]."

So my advice to you all, stay away from the Go 1000 series and the Via series and any further new versions. As a matter of fact boycott TomTom all together. All I can do now is use this for the 12 months and then throw it in the bin as I am not going to pay them £130 per year to use it, (Maps, Live Services, and all the other things you would have to update).

Maybe I can pray that someone can unlock them soon. £260 is a lot to lose for a heap of junk. :mad:
Gerry5039 offline

Postby tendriver » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:41 pm

Zone maps are not new. 865 is the 4th edition to have them. We know about the issues with the new devices. Search the forum for threads about them.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby lemoni » Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 am

The reason why all of the new TomToms since September 2010 (such as the GO1000 range and all VIA models) do not show up as a drive on the computer is because they are using the Linux based file systems instead of FAT/FAT32.

This wasn't a choice by TomTom to make it harder for us to copy or crack their devices. This was done because Microsoft successfully sued TomTom for using the Microsoft FAT and FAT32 file systems on a Linux platform, which Microsoft claimed it was an infringement.

Therefore TomTom were forced to use another file system other than a Windows based one. TomToms run on Linux anyway, so the choice to use Linux file systems do make the devices run faster than ever before, as their file systems are generally more reliable and capable than the older FAT/FAT32. This is a positive for customers, but it's a negative for us who want to update our new TomToms by sharing files with each other, as we do on here and other forums.

The only way to currently update the new TomToms is to use their program called "MyTomTom," although you have to pay for updating most things like new maps and safety cameras.

So far, nobody has been successful in trying to "crack" this new system, or rather make it possible for us to update the new TomToms using Windows Explorer. One must wonder though... how hard can it really be??
TomTom GO 730, Navcore 9.051c, 64Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5250
TomTom ONE v1, Navcore 9.170SE, 32Mb RAM, Australia 900.4602, Bootloader: 5.5244
lemoni offline

Postby xe_d_sono » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:57 am

We currently have no way to test this .... because I have no new Tomtom me.

But who may perhaps want to try:

- Use a Linux operating system to the detection of Tomtom Drive, and from there we can change the files within our Tomtom or detect the partition type used;

- If I remember Tomtom HOME have the option to back up and restore files within our Tomtom, see if you can back up to a specific file or folder and see what you can change;

If this fails, the other way is maybe get Tomtom HOME crack, such as some Mios HACKED use Mio Transfer, which allows you to load into the device.
xe_d_sono offline

Postby rastabasta » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:51 pm

I have spent many hours reading this great site with its enormous amount of information available and i thank you for it, i have a via live 120 just purchased on the 28.06.11. I got a few little issues but have managed to add snoop dogg voice to the device. I used the tomtom pc interface went to the browse button in my community and loaded it on to the tomtom. I tried several other voices but they wouldnt work, still working on that one. Jpeg files work the same way. I find this little toy great.
rastabasta offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:04 am

Believe it or nor, but a refurbished 72ß/720 costs less, can be easily modified and is fully compatible for the user.
I don't really understand your comment, you say it is great even if nothing works as advertised and modifcations are impossible?
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Macca-009 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:35 pm

Downunder35m wrote:Believe it or nor, but a refurbished 72ß/720 costs less, can be easily modified and is fully compatible for the user.
I don't really understand your comment, you say it is great even if nothing works as advertised and modifcations are impossible?

I'm with you guys. I just had an old pal call by with a GO510 that he was about to "trade-up" (!?!?!?!) to a new model at the local rip-off Touring-Car-Sponsor (UK members will know who) ... He just left here after less than an hour with v9 Navcore, latest full featured Europe map, speed cameras etc and can now take his wife out to dinner on his hard earned cash, as well as having a 'new' satnav that can be updated f.o.c.

I guess there will always be those who 'must have' the latest hardware though (and not just satnavs) ... even if it is just a piece of expensive crap!

Macca (whose wife get taken out to dinner a lot!)

GO930's with Voice Control
Maps: UK, EU & NA + Cameras (with ogg files)
Macca-009 offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Macca-009 wrote:local rip-off Touring-Car-Sponsor (UK members will know who)

I needed a new car battery a few months ago...
local rip-off Touring-Car-Sponsor = £79.99
Regional chain of car accessory shops = £39.99

Exactly the same battery! Why anyone goes in there is beyond me :7::confused:
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about TomTom