Trying to update old TomTom One   

Trying to update old TomTom One

Postby dk123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:15 am

Hi there,

Been reading through the forums for 2+ hours now but can't seem to successfully apply any fixes.

I have a 5yr+ old TomTom One that stopped working after buying an update a couple months ago, possibly due to insufficient memory (119mb capacity on the card per windows explorer). When I turn it on, it says "No maps found".

As all the map updates that I have found seem to be 150mb+ (Australia maps), I assume I need a bigger SD card, and hence have been trying with a new 4gb microSD + SD card adaptor. However, my TomTom does not recognise this card even after I copy over the contents from my One card, and apply "Bootloader" (http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?2680-Update-TomTom-One/page3). I may be doing this wrong, but I just copied the bootloader over and renamed it to "ttsystem". When I try to access this from "My Computer", it says that the drive needs to be formatted, so I have resorted to using a microSD card reader to apply updates.

I have also tried using "Australia_905_4757" from the automatic patch and install page on my MicroSD card, but to no avail:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12215-All-New-Maps-905.XXXX&highlight=tomtom+australia

For anyone able to help, my ttgo.bif file reads (after updating my original One card in TomTom Home):

[TomTomGo]
DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v3)
DeviceSerialNumber= <REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS>
DeviceUniqueID=<REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS>
RamDiskVersion=20081205
BootLoaderVersion=50500
LinuxVersion=2344
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
UserLanguage=English US
[email protected]" target="_blank
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=GSW3.2.4TT_3.1.00.12-C35B1.02
BuiltInColorScheme0=Belgica
BuiltInColorScheme1=Brittanica
BuiltInColorScheme2=America
BuiltInColorScheme3=Germanica
BuiltInColorScheme4=Australia
BuiltInColorScheme5=Deuteranopia
BuiltInColorScheme6=Greys
BuiltInColorScheme7=Antarctica
BuiltInColorScheme8=Africa
BuiltInColorScheme9=Astra
CurrentColorSchemeBuiltIn=0
CurrentVoiceInfo=Lori
Traffic=N
CurrentFuelpricesType=
CurrentFuelpricesTypeString=

The TomTom is a 4N00.004.2.

Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just to tell me that this TomTom is beyond repair.

Thanks heaps!

DK
dk123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:35 am

You need to put the new bootloader on your old SD.
After it has been installed the TT will be able to use SDHC cards and you should have no problems anymore.
Just make sure to boot the device once before activating the maps to generate a ttgo.bif - or use the ttgo.bif from your old SD.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dk123 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:44 am

Thanks for your help Downunder.

I formatted my old SD, then re-updated this through TomTom Home. I added the bootloader "system" file to this after the update, and rebooted the TomTom a couple times. Noticed that it seemed to be updating some system files the first reboot, and only other differences are the load up screen is a different TomTom logo, and it looks a bit different when it shows "No Maps Found".

I then formatted my new SD card and installed "Australia_905_4757 with Automatic Installer & Patcher" from
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12215-All-New-Maps-905.XXXX&highlight=tomtom+australia

I also added the bootloader "system" file to the new SD.

Now when I try to load up the TomTom with my new SD, the TomTom screen starts and it looks like it's loading, but then the TomTom screen reappears and it turns off. Have tried this several times with no success.

Am I missing a step?

Thanks
dk123 offline

Postby tendriver » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:10 pm

dk123 wrote:I also added the bootloader "system" file to the new SD.

You must use bootloader 5.5012 or higher to use a SDHC card. You must put the bootloader "file named system" on the old card & boot the ONE in order to the flash the memory, so it will see the SDHC card.

If you have done this & your ONE is seeing the SDHC card, then you need to confirm that both the navcore & map have been patched.
tendriver offline

User avatar Ex Super Mod

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:05 pm

"I then formatted my new SD card and installed "Australia_905_4757 with Automatic Installer & Patcher" from" - I don't think any TT will work without a Navcore...
After what you've done there will be only a map but no Navcore....
Forum rules

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby dk123 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:44 am

thanks for the help everyone.

tendriver - I applied the bootloader after posting the above ttgo details (sorry for the confusion).

downunder - that was my problem, sorry for being a noob! I copied all files from the old SD (where I had installed the latest navcore from TomTom home) to the new SD, then applied the map installer + patcher, then ran the FastActivate.exe to patch all of it.

looks like it's working now, cheers!!
dk123 offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:38 am

Well done and enjoy!

THREAD_CLOSED
Forum rules

Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom