What does 'rebootalone' do?   

What does 'rebootalone' do?

Postby mrlongest » Sat May 21, 2011 9:26 am

Greetings!

With the demise of the old GPSUnderground site a year ago, whose experts originally helped me setup my ONE XL, I thought I might find some of them over here on this site...and they might be interested in advising me on this matter...(?) Or somebody else...(?) Please !

In the root of my SD card are the following 0KB files:
bton
delgns
fmoff
rebootalone
rm
ttson
nomsg
noqfixdel
poweroff

All up to and including ttson were introduced by navcore TT.8.8.204 (produced by demonfatal).
(The last 3 files were added later to improve/correct specific functions/features.)

I think I understand what they all do, except rebootalone.
Since by and large I'm happy with the current operation of my TTONEXL, I'm reluctant to change things without knowing what may be affected.

So, what does rebootalone do?

[my setup...TomTom ONE XL model 4S00.000R (32MB RAM), bootloader 5.5128/5130, using
2GB SD card NC8204 used with UK-ROI-860 + SA-860 + France-860 maps and Vocalizer Serena voice]

Cheers!
mrlongest offline

Postby Downunder35m » Sat May 21, 2011 9:52 am

Usually those are settings for the switchfiles and I would not know why there are these files in your root.
If you want to try a different Navcore with LoquendoTTS support try these :
8.419 : [Please Register or Login to download file]
8.562 : [Please Register or Login to download file]

I tested the 8.419 on a XL and got 9mb free Ram with working Loqundo voices using a map with ALG,CS speech and so on.

Since we don't have you current Navcore we can't give you support for it.
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby mrlongest » Sat May 21, 2011 10:48 am

Downunder35m wrote:Usually those are settings for the switchfiles and I would not know why there are these files in your root.
If you want to try a different Navcore with LoquendoTTS support try these :
8.419 : [Please Register or Login to download file]
8.562 : [Please Register or Login to download file]

I tested the 8.419 on a XL and got 9mb free Ram with working Loqundo voices using a map with ALG,CS speech and so on.

Since we don't have you current Navcore we can't give you support for it.

Thanks. But I clearly didn't put my question very well.
Without going into the way my ONE XL setup deals with 'switchfiles/configuration files' - which HAVE to be in the root to work - I simply want to know what the configuration file 'rebootalone' does (or is supposed to do)...
I'm assuming that it is/was used in other configurations, but I've been unable to trace it (by searching/googling...).

Cheers!
mrlongest offline

Return to General Discussions about TomTom