Windscreen Mount for TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi (ZN)   

Windscreen Mount for TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi (ZN)

Postby cancunia » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:49 am

I've just got a TT GO 520 WiFi , it came without a windscreen or any other kind of mount and wondered if anyone has seen a good low cost alternative?
I've got a smart phone holder on a flexi stalk that might do the job but it wobbles quite a bit with a phone so am expecting even more wobble with the TT.
Apart from the expensive TT original mounts, all of the mounts that I see online are not for the 520.

I prefer a windscreen mount as it's easier to move between cars, rather than a dash mount that uses adhesive. Maybe an air vent mount would work too.

Thanks
cancunia offline

Re: Windscreen Mount for TomTom GO 520 Wi-Fi (ZN)

Postby biggerdave » Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:05 am

eBay's your best bet. Remember your 520 is a NAV5 so most likely a different mount to the older NAV2 520's
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby cancunia » Thu Aug 15, 2024 9:49 am

biggerdave wrote:eBay's your best bet. Remember your 520 is a NAV5 so most likely a different mount to the older NAV2 520's

Yep, lots of mounts for the older version 520 but can only see expensive TT branded mounts for mine.
cancunia offline

Postby biggerdave » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:45 am

Have a look here to see which devices use the same mount which may help broaden your eBay search: [Please Register or Login to download file] like the Active Magnetic Mount & Charger or possibly the Air Vent Mount?
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Postby cancunia » Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:04 pm

biggerdave wrote:Have a look here to see which devices use the same mount which may help broaden your eBay search: [Please Register or Login to download file] like the Active Magnetic Mount & Charger or possibly the Air Vent Mount?

Thanks, I tried that earlier with some other devices. The list that you linked has more devices, but unfortunately the same result on eBay with expensive TT parts and some that won't fit.

I think I'll be looking for a phone holder, like the one I have with a goose neck stalk but shorter.
cancunia offline

Postby biggerdave » Thu Aug 15, 2024 12:23 pm

To be fair, even brand new genuine ones direct from TT for "only" £35 ain't bad to ensure a reliable, shake-free & stable mount bearing in mind that with the help of forums like this you can get FREE maps/speedcams etc (for as long as we're around anyway) so may be worth going for; your call obviously :045:
biggerdave offline

User avatar V.I.P Member

Return to General Discussions about TomTom