Best unlock shell for Mio S760 (800x480, WinCE 6)?   

Best unlock shell for Mio S760 (800x480, WinCE 6)?

Postby constant_traveller » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for about two days already, and I have downloaded and tried most of the stuff discussed in here. Great job, by the way! However, I still have a huge problem with my Mio S760 unit. All I want is to unlock it and run iGo Primo (the latest version) on it. I'm not interested in any other application, to be honest. I have tried using both MioPocket and MioPocket Mini, both with iGo8, but neither of them kills the original Mio application properly, and thus iGo8 gives me the "GPS receiver not found" error. Under these circumstances, I haven't even tried iGo Primo, as I don't think it would make much of a difference. MioPocketLite and Visual wouldn't work because they don't have 800x480 resolution support. What shell is there out there that would: a. work on my unit, b. kill the Mio app, so that I have the GPS receiver "free" for iGo to use and c. be iGo Primo-ready?

I also have an older Mio S505 which I've used to experiment a bit on the subject. I have installed MioPocket, MP Mini, MioPocketLite and Visual, plus iGo8.3, and I get the GPS connection only with MioPocketLite. With any of the other three shells it does not work, proof that the reason why iGo doesn't see the GPS receiver can only be a poor shell.\

Please help me as I really need to get this problem sorted out. Thanks a million!
constant_traveller offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:17 pm

With Mio Moov/Spirit devices i use [Please Register or Login to download file] unlock.
The instructions are on [Please Register or Login to download file] page entitled Installation Navman F10, F15, F25, S-Series, C-Series / Mio Moov-Series

This unlock starts the original GPS software then kills it, I've never had a problem with any device i've installed it on so far.

Follow the instructions carefully!
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby constant_traveller » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:24 am

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that I tried using that as well, on my S505, but when I start setup.exe it gives an error like "No MIO Device connected". What I did was to unpack the archive on my HDD, connect the S505 to the computer, back-up, and then run the setup file. Was I supposed to unzip the contents of the unlock directly on the flash drive of the unit? I am using XP Professional, if it matters.

Also, one other question: will this unlock work on 800x480 and WinCE 6?
constant_traveller offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:51 pm

I run the unlock from My Documents on my PC (I use XP too) The desktop part (PNADesktop) resizes itself to any resolution and it works on WinCE6 (Tested myself under emulation) however it's possible that Mio have changed something to the file structure which means the Mio_Moov unlock no longer works.

If you can modify one of the other unlocks to auto start an application, It's possible to use Mortscript to start the original navigation app then kill it.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to Mio Device Unlock