City Navigator North America 2025.10 gmap   

Re: City Navigator North America 2025.10 gmap

Postby Pilou37 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:50 pm

sagitary wrote:the path should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\MapInstall\Maps\City_Navigator_North_America_NT_2025_10.gmap, I copied the whold directory into the mapinstll\maps folder, then ran the mapsource program, it showed it from the list. But when using mapinstll program to install it , I clicked the area on the map , it has error said can't find the mdr file in the directory. The file is in the folder, but the program can't find it . I didn't continue.

The City_Navigator_North_America_NT_2025_10.gmap folder must normally be in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps
Pilou37 online

User avatar Junior Member

Postby sacredpotion24 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:20 pm

Hello, I have a 205 & a 255W Nuvi Garmin(s)... i was wondering...
can I split the map into multiple smaller maps on the same micro sd card?... In other words... 1 map for all of Canada & Alaska, another map for the US, and then a 3rd map for Mexico and the Bahamas? If so, how would I name the multiple maps so my garmin could read them?... I haven't been able to figure out with an older Garmin if or how it can hold multiple maps on a micro sd card or not... thank you all for any and all help.

For what it's worth... The map works great with the older Garmins!!
Last edited by sacredpotion24 on Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacredpotion24 offline

Postby sacredpotion24 » Sun Jun 23, 2024 12:24 pm

Zooandbio4me wrote:i'm apparently being a dumdum too, no maps when basemap or mapsource is installed, so kind of unsure of wtf i'm supposed to do!!!

as someone else had mentioned... once you download the map, extract the map folder, and then run the Unlocker included in the folder [run as admin],... once the unlocker has finished...you'll want to place the Garmin map into:
C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps.

THEN.... open Basecamp and click on the MAPS tab, and then select the map you want to work with.
sacredpotion24 offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:34 pm

sacredpotion24 wrote:Hello, I have a 205 & a 255W Nuvi Garmin(s)... i was wondering...
can I split the map into multiple smaller maps on the same micro sd card?... In other words... 1 map for all of Canada & Alaska, another map for the US, and then a 3rd map for Mexico and the Bahamas? If so, how would I name the multiple maps so my garmin could read them?... I haven't been able to figure out with an older Garmin if or how it can hold multiple maps on a micro sd card or not... thank you all for any and all help.

For what it's worth... The map works great with the older Garmins!!

With these older devices for maps on SD card try gmapsupp.img & gmapsup1.img in the Garmin folder. You can only use 2 maps simultaneously, but you can have multiple maps on the SD card with other names MEX & BAH for example and change the name when you need to use them .
Have a look in your garmindevice.xml
<Location>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<BaseName>gmapsupp</BaseName>
<FileExtension>img</FileExtension>
</Location>
<TransferDirection>InputOutput</TransferDirection>
</File>
</DataType>
<DataType>
<Name>SupplementalMaps1</Name>
<File>
<Specification>
<Identifier>IMG</Identifier>
</Specification>
<Location>
<Path>Garmin</Path>
<BaseName>gmapsup1</BaseName>
<FileExtension>img</FileExtension>
</Location>
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby sacredpotion24 » Mon Jun 24, 2024 10:30 am

Thank you for all your help… however I am a tad confused…
When adding multiple maps on a micro sd card and naming them like you had mentioned,
Gmapsupp and gmapsupp1… could I add a third mad as gmapsupp2 and so on to the micro sd card?
Also, how do I open an .xml file?

Thank you again for all your help :) :)
sacredpotion24 offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:26 pm

sacredpotion24 wrote:Gmapsupp and gmapsupp1… could I add a third mad as gmapsupp2 and so on to the micro sd card?
Also, how do I open an .xml file?
Thank you again for all your help :) :)

Use Note Pad or even Microsoft Edge to view the garmindevice.xml.
You have 2 different devices ,looking in the garmindevice.xml will show you what can be used ,the example in the spoiler shows gmapsupp.img & gmapsup1.img only but some will only show gmapsupp.img that is the limit you cannot add gmapsup2.img gmapsup3.img etc.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Previous

Return to New Maps