What is the latest Europe Map for Goldwing 2008 Navi?   

What is the latest Europe Map for Goldwing 2008 Navi?

Postby vdruk » Thu Jul 04, 2024 5:51 pm

Hello there!
Could you please advice what is the latest Europe Maps version for Goldwing 2008 Navi with CF card? (some refer it as 1st Gen GPS on GL1800).
Specifically, I'm more interested with Northeast EU (Sweden).
Moreover, could you please make sure that the link is valid (I've tried to download some of the old maps but links are empty..).

I can see that such topic was discussed before but in regards to American Map (Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2023.10 FID 93).
My bike, however, is running in Europe :)

Thank you!
vdruk offline

Re: What is the latest Europe Map for Goldwing 2008 Navi?

Postby GarmanNuvi » Thu Jul 04, 2024 9:32 pm

vdruk wrote:Hello there!
Could you please advice what is the latest Europe Maps version for Goldwing 2008 Navi with CF card? (some refer it as 1st Gen GPS on GL1800).
Specifically, I'm more interested with Northeast EU (Sweden).
Moreover, could you please make sure that the link is valid (I've tried to download some of the old maps but links are empty..).

I can see that such topic was discussed before but in regards to American Map (Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2023.10 FID 93).
My bike, however, is running in Europe :)

Thank you!

Your garmindevice.xml will show that there are on provisions for NTU (Unicode) maps so like your nuvi 1490 it uses NT maps
new-maps/garmin-city-navigator-europe-ntu-2025-fid-12306-t23675-45.html?hilit=goldwing#p194408
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby vdruk » Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:07 am

My 1 gen Garmin on Goldwing is indeed NT (thought I could not find garmindevice.xml file on CF card). Moreover, as I've learned from American goldwingers, the latest maps are not working on our old hardware (for GL1800 between 2006-2008 which used CF cards// the link you've provided is for Goldwing 2010 which used newer garmin). I've tried to run the latest NT Europe map (the same which I've successfully run on another unit 1490) but it does not work. Since my Goldwing map is "City Navigator Europe v.8 Jan 2006) I would be happy to upload any updated maps which my hardware could support. I've been thinking to try "City Navigator Europe NT 2020.20 FID 8231" but download links are not valid anymore. More specifically, it would be great to have "Northeast EU 1.09 GB" since my hardware might have some CF size limitations in regards to map size.
Would it be possible for you to re-share that old map?
Thank you!
vdruk offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:28 am

vdruk wrote:I've been thinking to try "City Navigator Europe NT 2020.20 FID 8231" but download links are not valid anymore. More specifically, it would be great to have "Northeast EU 1.09 GB" since my hardware might have some CF size limitations in regards to map size.
Would it be possible for you to re-share that old map?
Thank you!

The next version is CN Europe NT 2025.10 and as Garmin seems top only update these maps for older devices once a year about this time it would be worth waiting until it is released and shared here.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby navigationdk » Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:09 am

City Navigator Europe NT 2020.20 Northeast EU 1.09 GB unlocked

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
navigationdk offline

Postby RevRyder » Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:28 pm

I have downloaded the image file. What do I do next? I have tried to use Winzip to expand the img file. As it is, the bike does not recognize it. I noticed the original CF card had img, fbn, and unl files in the Garmin directory. Is there a way to "unpack" the image file, or are there specific files that go with this image file that you can PM me? Thanks in advance for the help.
RevRyder offline

Return to New Maps