It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 10:29 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Meta file goobledygook

Hi,
trying to figure out my tomtom,
i've succesfullly installed maps before, but struggling with a couple of new ones. having transferred the files onto the tomtom and tried fast activate in the root, and in the map folder, was getting the DCT error.
There is a meta file in there, but when I open it, its random characters (as are my other working maps), so I cannot search for any meta codes. There was ...
Read more : Meta file goobledygook | Views : 1108 | Replies : 2

Is it possible to get a smaller map for an older Tomtom?

I have a question about using an older TomTom with new maps
If what I am asking is not possible, simply due to age and technical limitations, I can accept that. I just hate not trying to not discard kit that works.

I have a TomTom Rider 3, sometimes known as the Urban or Pro.
It comes with choice of European map regions which I can switch between using a PC however as the internal ...
Read more : Is it possible to get a smaller map for an older Tomtom? | Views : 1760 | Replies : 5

TomTom GO 710 (4V00.710) firmware update ?

Hi,

I've dug up a TomTom GO 710 (4V00.710) that my father was using before he passed away a few years ago.

I would like to make use of this GPS occasionally and need to make an update of what is the latest firmware and Central Europe maps etc. The problem is that I cannot find the base station for this GPS and I can assume it’s been lost. Is there another way to make ...
Read more : TomTom GO 710 (4V00.710) firmware update ? | Views : 2097 | Replies : 3

SOLVED You cannot use this map on this device: United_States

Hi :)

Before I go back to my previous TomTom map of United_States_2GB_1050_10178 that ran well, has anyone tried to install the United_States_2GB v1051.10303 map and had success?

The (United_States_2GB v1051.10303 ) is giving me this message:
Problem with map:

You cannot use this map on this device: United_States_2GB-102533
Read more : SOLVED You cannot use this map on this device: United_States | Views : 3610 | Replies : 3

Easy DCT keymaker

Can somebody help me please?
I can't find the programm 'Easy DCT' to download. I need this programm for the meta on my PDA.
Can somebody give me a url where to find it?
Thanks a lot.
Read more : Easy DCT keymaker | Views : 935 | Replies : 1

Problem with using FastActivate

Hi,
I had attempted to update to a new map Australia_1050_10179 and used the following meta AC 03 5F 55 8E 39 0D 74 43 99 1F 8E E9 E6 42 4F Australia-102447.meta ; Australia 1050_10179 for this map.

I then attempted to run FastActivate to patch maps, speedcam, navcore etc.

This error message was generated.

Incomplete Map 102447 meta = dct ERROR

I don't understand why this happened, either FastActivate is the problem or ...
Read more : Problem with using FastActivate | Views : 1398 | Replies : 4

TT One 3rd Edition Memory Hack

Hello Everyone

I have been reading about the memory hack in TT One 3rd Edition where you solder a SD Card
My question is: does anyone knows the size limit of the SD Card I can put?

My info
Navcore: 9.5.10 NC (emulated from DownUnder35)
32MB RAM
Current Map: Iberia
Map to put after memory hack: Europe - almost 4GB needed for it

Thank you

Best Regards
Read more : TT One 3rd Edition Memory Hack | Views : 1935 | Replies : 11

How to update my 1XL Help

Hi.
Can anyone please give me step by step instructions on how to update my 1XL.
I have saved a backup to my hard drive & wiped the SD card.

Thanks.
Gandolfo.
Read more : How to update my 1XL Help | Views : 2284 | Replies : 20

Tomtom activator problem, can anybody help?

I have a renault espace from 2011 with TOM TOM Carminat Live navigation. (VersionNumber=9884)
I need a new map, i found the Tom Tom Activator and maybe i have the latest version (v1.11)
After i downloaded a map to my sd card i cant activate it because i cant see it in the "installed content" menu.
What can i do? What is the problem?
Sorry about my english, this is not my main language.
Read more : Tomtom activator problem, can anybody help? | Views : 1876 | Replies : 1

No maps found

Hello Guys. Sorry I'm newbie in the TomTom PNA world, I didn't got answer at another topics. I have an TomTom Rider, but I don't know what core version. The map is Eastern Europe 970 7466(so old...) but when I start the PNA and it says No maps found! What I'm doing wrong? I tried to download the new Europe_Zone_East_1050_10180 version, but same error. Which file contains the path? I attached an photo about the ...
Read more : No maps found | Views : 1489 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162624 • Total topics 17246 • Total members 662346