It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:43 am

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Any Quick Step Guide(s) for installing navcores,maps??

Hello!!
I have mangaed to get my ttgo730 working with a new navcore and maps/voices/cams but tried to do the same for a friend and it has not worked?? I think it was just pure luck that i got my tt to work so i was wondering if anyone could just help me with a few steps.....

I've downloaded the relevant core & maps and fastactivate and i want to put these onto an SDHC ...
Read more : Any Quick Step Guide(s) for installing navcores,maps?? | Views : 2127 | Replies : 6

Adding Storage Memory to XL 330

Hello,
I just received my refurbished TomTom XL 330 yesterday, and immediately tried to upgrade the map. Realizing I probably had to upgrade the Navcore first, I found this forum and after a couple of fits and starts, I've upgraded to 9.205.547817 version using the AutoInstaller. Nice!! And thank you.

Now as I am trying to upgrade the map to 855.2931, I discovered that the unit has only 72 MB left! Fortunately the new map ...
Read more : Adding Storage Memory to XL 330 | Views : 4203 | Replies : 1

TT on android

thinking of changing my phone and getting the HTC desire HD when its out

i know it has google navigation on maps etc but has tom tom been made available for android yet and more important can it be hacked

thanks for any help
Read more : TT on android | Views : 2633 | Replies : 2

Go 700

Hi Guys,

Helped before, so came back for more.

Updating a Go 700
Boot loader 54201
App Version No. 7903
west Europe map very old

should I put navcore 8.412 and x_ttsytem with UkMap 855
or the navcore 9.205

Also i read here somewhere cant find it now, something about bootloader has to be above an number or you brick it. readvise me please.

thanks Dave
Read more : Go 700 | Views : 2322 | Replies : 4

Dead GO520

hi,
Hoping someone can point me in write direction. Long story short. I've got one formatted GO520, tried playing with diff navcores etc and installing latest maps. No luck. So formatted again and hoped just to update device through tomtom home but it no longer connect. Hoping for one of 2 options or both.

1 How do i get updates etc through tomtom again then download latest maps etc.

2 Download navcore and maps from ...
Read more : Dead GO520 | Views : 4095 | Replies : 18

Satelite tables

I've spent quite some time trying to find out why my 700's decided to stop receiving gps signals. Turn's out it hasn't.

As I now know, the 700 has a Sirfii and so doesn't support Quickfix - so TT weren't being nasty after all all those years ago.

I've managed to use the information on an XL to see which sats the info's coming from. Turns out the 700 is all over the place and ...
Read more : Satelite tables | Views : 1451 | Replies : 0

TomTom XL 330S Need Help Updating US Maps

Pardon my ignorance but I tried following the online instructions a patching to update my TomTom XL 330S to the latest US maps, and after over an hour of deleting, copying, & patching I got the error that the maps could not be used on my device. I currently have:

• App 8.083 (9669/090817) OS: 343369
  • 32 MB RAM (free: 3.4 MB)
  • GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5136
  • Map: 'USA-and_Canada' v835.2423
  • Language: English US
Read more : TomTom XL 330S Need Help Updating US Maps | Views : 1978 | Replies : 2

go300

Firstly let me say Hi all,
Some good tips and tricks, i need some help i have downloaded the 850.2820 on navcore 7.903 gor the tomtom go 300. Now when i operate the go on tthome i get the maps all working as soon as i unplug it from pc it says no maps found. Could anyone shed some light on this for me.

Thanks
Mick
Read more : go300 | Views : 2037 | Replies : 3

Relating Navcor/Map to GPS receiver

How important is the Navcore ver or the map to the fact that one does or doesn't get a gps signal?

If one doesn't receive a gps signal, why should the navcore or map make a difference?

OK, you need a working navcore and map to get the thing to boot and allow you to go to the GPS Status screen, but once there.....

Sorry if it's a silly question. I'm thinking that, like a ...
Read more : Relating Navcor/Map to GPS receiver | Views : 1895 | Replies : 4

Tomtom Australia map cant get it to work!

Hey everyone im trying to load a map that i downloaded and ive installed fast activate but when i open it, It opens then closes straight away does anyone know why?

thanks

Sam
Read more : Tomtom Australia map cant get it to work! | Views : 2967 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162530 • Total topics 17236 • Total members 661535