It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 3:29 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

UK or Western Europe?

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition 1gb 32mb

I use my TomTom mainly for driving in the UK but very occasionally I need it for driving in France and Spain.

The Western Europe 1gb map is about 800mb and the individual maps for the UK, France and Spain together are about the same size. As the Western Europe map has maps for these three countries as well as a load of others, what is ...
Read more : UK or Western Europe? | Views : 2471 | Replies : 19

Transferring Map Folders to TomTom

I have a TomTom One 3rd Edition 1gb 32mb

I have just upgraded the Navcore using installer 9.510 and all went well. Before I did this I had an Western Europe map on the device. I did as instructed, copied all files to my PC and then deleted everything from the TomTom and then ran the installer.

To get the map back on the device, is it enough for me to just copy the map ...
Read more : Transferring Map Folders to TomTom | Views : 1385 | Replies : 2

tomtom europe truck 915 on Go 720

im new here and im struggling with some of the terminology so i need some simple guidence on how to get these maps working
ive installed and got working uk and Ireland maps but i also would like to install the truck 915 maps that i downloaded with utorrent.

the fast activate program got my uk maps to work but not the truck maps

here are my device details

ttgo.bif:
DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720 ...
Read more : tomtom europe truck 915 on Go 720 | Views : 2808 | Replies : 4

TomTOM GO 750 live

Hi, new to the forums. Before I attempt anything, I am wanting to find out if I am able to do it. I have my tomtom go 750 live, and would like to know if it is possible to intall tomtom truck onto it?
It has only 2GB internal memory, although I have a 4GB micro SD card.

Thanks for any advice/answers or helpful advice.
Read more : TomTOM GO 750 live | Views : 3482 | Replies : 13

Tomtom 920 louder speaker?

I have a tomtom 920 with 9.510 navcore.
The speaker is very quiet even though it's on 100%.
I changed the speaker and it's still the same.
I tuned the tomtom into the car's speakers via fm and i can go as loud as i want.
Is there any way to make the internal speaker louder ?

Thanks.
Read more : Tomtom 920 louder speaker? | Views : 1632 | Replies : 7

UK Postcodes in TomTom GO 530 Traffic

I have just downloaded the UK postcodes and put the two files into my map folder. Should I now be able to perform a full postcode search? I still only get the option to enter the first part of the postcode.
Thanks
Read more : UK Postcodes in TomTom GO 530 Traffic | Views : 1705 | Replies : 2

Bootloaders and memory cards

I have been looking for the relationship between the system bootloader and the maximum memory it will support/recognise.

Is there a bootloader that supports 8 GB and 16 GB SD cards/micro sd cards ?

Is it trial and error whether a bootloader will support a particular size memory card and can vary significantly ?

I am particularly interested in GO 500 Classic , 550 live and 920 t.

I have searched the forum for a ...
Read more : Bootloaders and memory cards | Views : 1549 | Replies : 1

Unable to download maps or anything......

Hi,

I'm really struggling on here....

A guy I met on a job said he could update my tomtom 910 for free and introduced me to this site. He did all the updating on his laptop and left me with an updated tomtom and very happy. I have since needed to update and also add American maps but find myself way out of my depth.... I try and follow the tutorials but when I try ...
Read more : Unable to download maps or anything...... | Views : 3983 | Replies : 32

mapsettings.cfg file

Hi,

I have TomTom XKL 540.

I'm in the process of transferring all files and folders of my XXL onto the other device except the mapsettings.cfg file as well as deleting all .dct files that have been transferred to the other XXL540 device.

Only problem is I cannot find or locate the mapsettings.cfg file. I have looked in the Maps folder, its not there.

My pc is Windows 8.1, would it be a hidden file? ...
Read more : mapsettings.cfg file | Views : 2143 | Replies : 7

Tomtom go 710 but when connect to home says go510 help

Hi Everyone

i hope i am in the right section
i got a problem my friend gave me tomtom go 710 navigation asking me if i can add full Europe , seem to be is not very big an issue but it is the first thing where i confused is that why
i got tomtom go 710 device but when i connect it to the computer the TT home shows that it is TT go ...
Read more : Tomtom go 710 but when connect to home says go510 help | Views : 1473 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162600 • Total topics 17241 • Total members 662159