It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 7:32 am

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Trying to update old TomTom One

Hi there,

Been reading through the forums for 2+ hours now but can't seem to successfully apply any fixes.

I have a 5yr+ old TomTom One that stopped working after buying an update a couple months ago, possibly due to insufficient memory (119mb capacity on the card per windows explorer). When I turn it on, it says "No maps found".

As all the map updates that I have found seem to be 150mb+ (Australia maps), ...
Read more : Trying to update old TomTom One | Views : 1325 | Replies : 6

tom tom navigator on to a navman

i did this a few years ago for some one but can for the life of me remember how i did it ,any links to instructions would be great

thanks for any help
Read more : tom tom navigator on to a navman | Views : 1452 | Replies : 7

Help on adding a new Official TT voice.

Hi,

I'm trying to do a favour for a mate.
He wants "Kitt" as a voice on his "unaltered" XL.

I've downloaded the files from here :-
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1496-Officiall-KITT-Voice-Yards-and-Meters

I've copied the 3 data84 files to his "Voices" folder and created the .dct file using BBS Tools in the same folder. I can't see "Kitt" in the list of available voices on his TT.

Does anyone know why this might be?
Do I need to patch ...
Read more : Help on adding a new Official TT voice. | Views : 1596 | Replies : 1

How to install Tom Tom or iGO on Windows CE 5.0 (RAC 4300 Wi

Hello everyone;
I have been looking for a while in the forum, there is many topics about how can I install TomTom or iGO on Win CE 5.0 based device. I tried almost all of them on my RAC 4300 Wide but can't make it work.
Please, can you tell me how can I install TomTom or iGO on my RAC 4300 Wide (it's using Route66).
Thank you.
Read more : How to install Tom Tom or iGO on Windows CE 5.0 (RAC 4300 Wi | Views : 1924 | Replies : 4

TomTom XL in Australia

Sorry for being so dummy, I have't done any hacking of tomtoms and this seems challenging if not impossible
I'm moving to Australia from US and I wonder if it's possible to get an Ausralian map to work with this version.

device details are below.

thanks in advance

DeviceName=TomTom ROME
DeviceVersionHW=ROME
DeviceSerialNumber=woops
DeviceUniqueID=woops
RamDiskVersion=20040301
BootLoaderVersion=10012
LinuxVersion=1000
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8083
ApplicationVersion=9669
UserLanguage=English US

Any help would be appreciated
Read more : TomTom XL in Australia | Views : 1609 | Replies : 2

Live Services Help

Hi Can anyone answer a quick question please. i have a patched TT Go Live and the services are about to expire. do i need to do anything before buying the services as my TT is patched as i dont want to purchase and find that is rejected?

Any help gratefully received.
Read more : Live Services Help | Views : 1736 | Replies : 1

Need help on tomtom one V4

Hi everyone ,

I've tried to upgrade this brand from nav 8.014 (bl=5.5019) to nav 9.205.547817.1 with map Europe west 905.4757 but it doesn't work . it can't create the new ttgo.bif file. I think i've done something wrong...

Here the old one :

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v8)
RamDiskVersion=20080613
BootLoaderVersion=55019
LinuxVersion=198799
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8014
ApplicationVersion=9372
UserLanguage=Français
LastConnectionTime=Never
GPSFirmwareVersion=
CurrentMap=Western_and_Central_Europe_2GB
CurrentMapVersion=725.1915

Could someone can help me step by step ?
Thanks in advance
Read more : Need help on tomtom one V4 | Views : 1187 | Replies : 5

Need help Tomtom one XL imposible to update.

Hi there , i having hard time to update my tomtom xl, at first I needed to do a low level format, to fix what it seem to be memory problem. Now does its normal it take about 4 hour to transfert all the file from my pc to the gps.

This is what my stock gpd look like and its 1 gb.

DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=ONE XL (v9)
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20090817
BootLoaderVersion=55136
CurrentMapVersion=835.2423

Has ...
Read more : Need help Tomtom one XL imposible to update. | Views : 1447 | Replies : 11

720 Battery Life with Nav 9500

I have installed the Nav 9500 on my 720 in the last few days together with Uk map 905.4754. I have also installed the ASR files from navcore 9465.

All seems to be working OK except that the battery life has been cut by about 50%. Has anyone any suggestion why this has occurred. I replaced the battery a few months back which extended the battery life from around 20minutes to 3 hours.

I notice ...
Read more : 720 Battery Life with Nav 9500 | Views : 2041 | Replies : 9

Tomtom ONE v4N00.012

hi all

im dutch and i have a tomtom one
i need maps from Germany ( for my vacation ) i only have benelux

i found maps but every time i start my tomtom i get a error, No maps found

and i only did add Europe,,
when i delete that 1.5 GB file my tomtom asks to activate it again

so i delete it all,. and use my backup files,

i need help
Read more : Tomtom ONE v4N00.012 | Views : 1004 | Replies : 1