It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 7:19 am

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

TomTom One XL Not picking up satellites

My sat nav was working fine until end of March and I needed to use it last week. I did all the updates via tomtom home and since then I cannot connect to any satellites.

I keep getting awaiting valid gps, or words similar.

It did connect the other day, for about 5 minutes and since then nothing. I occasionally get one or two grey indications but that is all.

I have tried so many ...
Read more : TomTom One XL Not picking up satellites | Views : 9225 | Replies : 66

One v4 update suggestions please

I'm moderately experienced & competent at updating 3 different models of Tomtoms.
However I'm seeking advice on updating a friend's unfamiliar model. I suspect the Navcore and map are pretty archaic.
The following summarises the information which is readily available:

Model: ONE v4
Serial no.: AKX** AJF**
Navcore: v 6.560
Maps: Western Europe v 660.1256
App 6560 (7914/061211)
OS 1713
29MB RAM
GPS v1.21
Boot 5.05

the device has a SD slot but there is ...
Read more : One v4 update suggestions please | Views : 2202 | Replies : 12

Custom Maps

Hello,

Is it possible to create custom maps? OR remove /shrink some countries from big maps?

Thanks in advance.
Read more : Custom Maps | Views : 1398 | Replies : 1

File factory=no pay no play

All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly.
ALL DAY EVERY DAY
lets you have small files almost every time ,then always no slots on next larger files
:think: A PLOY TO GET YOU TO SIGN UP ME THINKS
Read more : File factory=no pay no play | Views : 1497 | Replies : 3

A new version of TomTom Home is available.

A new version of TomTom Home is available.

Windows: 2.9.0.2709

Mac: 2.9.0.1566
Read more : A new version of TomTom Home is available. | Views : 2189 | Replies : 2

Impossible to update map on GO 520

Right, newbie here, so excuse any stupidity in understanding the instructions in the tutorials. Want to upload the Central + EE map on my GO 520. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Updated Navcore to v 9.430

Extract of ttgo.bif file

DeviceName=TomTom GO 520
DeviceVersionHW=GO 520
DeviceSerialNumber=M23...
DeviceUniqueID=AK...
RamDiskVersion=20120321
BootLoaderVersion=55120
LinuxVersion=842337
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=9430
ApplicationVersion=890926.1
UserLanguage=English UK

Uploaded (supposedly) patched Navcore 9.430 from here. For good measure used EasyActivator and FastActivator. All results suggests it's patched.

Uploaded ...
Read more : Impossible to update map on GO 520 | Views : 4971 | Replies : 33

Ultimate setup for an old TT One v3?

Can someone help me with some suggestions?!

Using 9.101 and Scandinavia_885_4058, thats ok, but then i try to use 890.4234 (it says on TT home page
that this is the latest map for my device) i got you can´t use this map with this device (something)..

Regards
//Thelmers
Read more : Ultimate setup for an old TT One v3? | Views : 1307 | Replies : 1

Updating a TomTom XL

Hi All
Im a newbee and would greatly appreciate some assistance

I have a TomTom XL, i need help updating this device,
Ive looked through the tutorials and cannot find any that specifically apply to my TomTom

How would i go about updating it, and where would i find the latest South African Maps.

Regards
Mark
Read more : Updating a TomTom XL | Views : 2428 | Replies : 5

Need Help on Activating Maps on SD card

Hi, after reading again lots of posts on here, I have managed to update both map & navcore. The only problem I seem to have is activating a map that is stored on the SD card rather than internal memory. If I move the map onto internal memory fastactivate sees it and does the job. But the map I want to activate is too big for the internal memory (1gb western europe). I have put ...
Read more : Need Help on Activating Maps on SD card | Views : 1902 | Replies : 3

Hi need a little help

Hi cool site
ok I have a TT XL 330 from Walmart which IDed itself by serial number to actually be a XL 350 IQ
seems Walmart bought them as a speical and they were only available from Walmart

Well TT had the 1 year update hid in the program and I never found it till my year was up
so now I need an update

so currently I have

TTGO.BIF:
DeviceName=TomTom XL
DeviceVersionHW=XL
BootLoaderVersion=55274 ...
Read more : Hi need a little help | Views : 1146 | Replies : 6

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162580 • Total topics 17239 • Total members 661941