It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 11:24 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Voice instructions & Sound lost in SE Navcores

Hi,

I have upgraded my TT One XL (32 MB Device) to SE 9.051.503855 navcore. Everything works well except the voice instructions. Voice instructions do work till the TT comes across motorway exists showing lane images. As soon as TT starts showing lane images it loses all voice instructions and sound. The map I'm using is 870.3460. I've tried using navcore SE 9.026.483454 as well. It's the same.

I've formatted the SD Card before installing ...
Read more : Voice instructions & Sound lost in SE Navcores | Views : 1988 | Replies : 5

TT ONE XL: Boots to freeze at splash screen.

Hello all,
TT belongs to a colleague. Says that it "just stopped working". Cannot trust him to tell me the truth and any vandalism imaginable may have been committed so pointless asking him.
It shows as a drive and I copied over all the files from the internal flash, just 15 files and surprise surprise, NO ttgo.bif.
I deleted the all files except map folder containing TT legit map and ran TT Home. "Application update ...
Read more : TT ONE XL: Boots to freeze at splash screen. | Views : 2478 | Replies : 4

Ready to upgrade GO720

Newbie here. Want to update Navcore and Maps to latest version. Any suggestions on best Navcore and how to safely do this without toasting .
Current Configuration:

DeviceName=TomTom GO 720
DeviceVersionHW=GO 720
DeviceSerialNumber=M62XXXXXXXX
DeviceUniqueID=AKXXXXXX
RamDiskVersion=20090518
BootLoaderVersion=55120
LinuxVersion=315187
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=8351
ApplicationVersion=9982
UserLanguage=English US
CurrentVoiceInfo=Susan
CurrentMap=North_America_2GB
CurrentMapVersion=815.2019
Read more : Ready to upgrade GO720 | Views : 3557 | Replies : 20

Difference between maps with same names

Hi,

I am currently looking at the 870 map collection, and have a few questions in regards to maps with the same name but different numbers/sizes.

For instance there are two central europe maps

Central_Europe_870_3406 (~1,4GB)
Central_Europe_870_3417 (~874MB)

What is the difference between the two (i.e. why are the file sizes different)?

Thanks
Read more : Difference between maps with same names | Views : 1624 | Replies : 2

Carminat mapshare !

after a mapshare download,tomtom doesn´t work.
"your card doesn´t work with tomtom now"

is this a new feature from tomtom?
whats wrong?

thx
Read more : Carminat mapshare ! | Views : 2056 | Replies : 0

A conflict with voice files?

Hi guys great forum, fantastic knowledge on here!

Im trying to add Billy Connolly voice and Terry Wogan but I notice both are named 'data93.chk, .vif, .bmp' etc How do I get round this? I tried renaming Terry Wogan files to 'data93a.chk' same with the other files relevant but it doesnt list as an option in the TT menu.
Any advice?
Read more : A conflict with voice files? | Views : 1820 | Replies : 2

Navigo V1 SY885

Thanks for your help on my last problem was thinking I could read up and sort out without troubling anybody. How wrong I was so now I've broke my vow of silence I wonder if anybody could point me in the wright direction of finding a navcore for my Wince device that's not broken or has virus's in it that all I've come across so far. Seems people have stopped messing about with these as ...
Read more : Navigo V1 SY885 | Views : 3369 | Replies : 6

TomTom One

I have a tt1 and tried putting Iberia maps on it. So I downloaded the compatible maps and also installed FastActivate followed the instructions and installed Fast Activate.exe onto the root of my tomtom now it won't open iberia maps or my UK maps it came with.
Any Ideas what I've done wrong? Is it because it's an official TT1 or am I using FastActive incorrect.
At the minute I've got a TomTom One thats ...
Read more : TomTom One | Views : 1424 | Replies : 5

Help With Tomtom XL340 Please

On my recent holiday to the USA I purchased a Tomtom XL340 GPS unit which came standard with maps for the USA, Canada and Mexico. The GPS came in very handy. However, now I'm back in Australia I would like to remove the standard maps and replace them with the current Australian maps.

From my research so far I believe I need to make a full backup of the GPS unit, format the unit (FAT32), ...
Read more : Help With Tomtom XL340 Please | Views : 1503 | Replies : 4

Recommend navcore for TomTom 550 live

Hallo.I buy 2 days ago tomtom 550 live.I want use map europe.Im looking for best navcore for this model at the moment.Can someone recommend best navcore for this model?thanks
Read more : Recommend navcore for TomTom 550 live | Views : 2201 | Replies : 8

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162542 • Total topics 17238 • Total members 661694