It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:13 am

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

New to this forum. Great stuff and people. Is there a 101 fo

It covers some basic things like step by step guide? See you have two sticky posts for map 865. One has installer,etc. Which one I should use?
I downloaded Canada map. Now what? Can I just copy it to the device and use it without some sort of patch? I have GO 720 with NA2G835.2419 NV 8.351.
Read more : New to this forum. Great stuff and people. Is there a 101 fo | Views : 1664 | Replies : 7

TT one 2008 help

Please help with updating ToTo One 2008
my version, from log file
[[]]

TomTom ONE

I'm backing it with the Home aplication.
I need only favorite places, Can I upgrade and then return favorite places to device?

Thank you
Read more : TT one 2008 help | Views : 1497 | Replies : 2

Problems with Go 750 Live

Hi all,

I have a TomTom Go 750 Live which is causing me headaches....

I have not used it for a while, so I decided to give it a 'fresh start'. I formatted the internal flash, booted up TT Home, and installed the latest Navcore as prompted (9.058). Then I copied the latest map (UK & ROI 865.3245) and used FastActivate to patch the Navcore & Map.

Now the problem: the unit powers up, then ...
Read more : Problems with Go 750 Live | Views : 1613 | Replies : 0

Binatone X350 assistance

Hi all , would like to say hello to everyone on the site and hopefully get to know some of you guys better .

I am running TT7 on my Binatone x350 and have been trying to update my map to the latest version using the map with the installer and fast active.

I deleted my existing map and extracted the new map to my SD card but when i open my Sat Nav i ...
Read more : Binatone X350 assistance | Views : 2001 | Replies : 0

710 LCD backlight?

Has anyone taken apart an LCD screen to get to the backlight?

What is it that fails when the backlight dies, is it LEDs or a driver circuit?

I've got one here that I fancy having a play with :)
Read more : 710 LCD backlight? | Views : 2095 | Replies : 4

navcore 8.080

My brother has a works tomtom one, 512 internal memory, no SD card slot.
The Navcore is 8.080
I can see not get a Canary Island map (holiday on Sunday) to work at all.
I have a really old Canary Islands map (from a TT910)
I have also tried the Iberia maps 855.2931, and 855.2884
The tomtom will not accept them.
I have been using fastactivate 1.4 and Easy activate.

As it is a works ...
Read more : navcore 8.080 | Views : 2023 | Replies : 3

Go 720 Best Navcore?

Hi guys I'm just mucking around with navcores and am wondering what's the best nc for my go 720. Currently I'm running 8.351 with 865 maps (by the way I'm in Australia) I have found that navcore is the best so far in the 8.*** range, all the options work like bluetooth, speedcams and I can get gps signal inside! Are there any 9.*** that are better or as good for this model? Thanks in ...
Read more : Go 720 Best Navcore? | Views : 4115 | Replies : 17

Updating my TomTom to the latest maps with full control over

Hi,

i thought i open a thread. so i keep all the things over here.

I have the TomTom ONE 2nd Edition with 2GB MMC. the latest navcore with tomtom home is 7.9.x.

I installed navcore 8.412.1236: (suggest by moderator tendrive)
http://www.navitotal.com/forums/noref.php?url=http://www.easy-share.com/1912202781/SE_Navcore.8.412.1236_32mb_devices.rar
but now i dont hear voices. its ON by settings.

What i really want and i hope you people can help me out is:
- having the latest Western maps. Dont know which ...
Read more : Updating my TomTom to the latest maps with full control over | Views : 3314 | Replies : 8

GO 720 problem

I just got a Go720 to raplace my one 3rd edition.
So far I upgraded the Navcore to 9.205 and the map to 865 (North America P)
The only thing I notice now is that in x20 (or ori) mode I do not have the command and control, and the Spoken Address icons are greyed out.
In x40 mode the command and control is there and works fine, but have a rebooting issue that I ...
Read more : GO 720 problem | Views : 2134 | Replies : 6

Not receiving updates to subscribed threads

My subscriptions to three forums and ten threads, within the TomTom group, have not sent me any 'Daily update' for the last few days. Manual checking of 'General Discussions', Maps', 'Navcore 9' and the individual threads show that there has been new posts to them, but no 'Daily updates' messages sent to me.
What have I done? What mortal sin have I committed?
I've checked all my subscriptions (for the forums/threads) immediately before this post ...
Read more : Not receiving updates to subscribed threads | Views : 1846 | Replies : 10

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162536 • Total topics 17236 • Total members 661639