It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:25 am

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Switch map zone

Hello,

I've got a Tomtom XL IQ2, with the central Europe map.

I downladed the full Werstern Europe Map (2 GB), but it's too big to use with my internal memory. Is there a way to select the map zone with Tomtom Home from this downloaded map ?

Thanks
Read more : Switch map zone | Views : 2390 | Replies : 1

GO630 - the TT problem child - only works with official (8.3

Hi all,

After my beloved TT920 was stolen, I bought a refurbished TT630 for US$80 from Tiger Direct, then shipped to Australia using Ship USA. It arrived in January 2011 with 840 maps!!

When received, I backed up up the device using Windows Explorer (not TT Home), wiped it apart from ttgo.*, then installed 9.026 and Australia 860.3101 on an 8Gb SDHC card.

However the device was not stable, even after:
  1. Removing mapsettings.cfg ...
Read more : GO630 - the TT problem child - only works with official (8.3 | Views : 4085 | Replies : 17

tom tom 520 screen

can anyone shred any light on when replacing the speeker on tomtom the brown
clip holding the ribbon came loose it will hold the ribbon but now when the screen comes on when you touch it
It will not react as it should for instance if you touch chang settings it will go to done
thanks for any help you can give
Read more : tom tom 520 screen | Views : 1997 | Replies : 4

tom tom one IQ routes

got myself a very cheap tom tom one IQ routes off a well know auction site
its boxed as a UK &ROI but has europe maps on
its details are 9053/5209 western central europe 825.2157 boot 5.5316 64mb ram 2gig internal hard drive

when i connect to tom tom home it updates everything no problem and dosen't give any error message about the software which leads me to think it hasn't been patched, however the ...
Read more : tom tom one IQ routes | Views : 3306 | Replies : 12

patching tomtom home

hi guys - excuse my ignorance, but what is the purpose of patching tomtom home ?...can you download stuff, like updates, map corrections etc to your tomtom device ? even if you have patched maps and SE navcore..?

cheers
Read more : patching tomtom home | Views : 2048 | Replies : 1

Question

is there a way to make tomtom tell you if your destination is on the right or left like garmin does.....my just tells me i have reached your destination ?
Read more : Question | Views : 2398 | Replies : 5

map update tomtom start 2

Hi,
i have a tomtom start 2 (a 4:3 screen) and would like to update the map.
I have done this before on a navman with tomtom without problems. I'm now trying this for a tomtom start 2 and have failed so far.

What i've done:
- I've backupped the tomtom start 2
- i've removed the map that was installed from the device
- i've installed a new 860.3100 map and ran fastactivate. When ...
Read more : map update tomtom start 2 | Views : 5184 | Replies : 13

loading maps on a TT one at this no backup

I am looking for help to put downloaded maps on my tom tom currently says no maps found and i have no backup. or if i could be directed to a step by step walk through from a format of the SD card.

thank you

DeviceName=TomTom ONE
DeviceVersionHW=ONE (v3)
DeviceSerialNumber=
DeviceUniqueID=
RamDiskVersion=20081205
BootLoaderVersion=50500
LinuxVersion=2344
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903
ApplicationVersion=9183
UserLanguage=English UK
Read more : loading maps on a TT one at this no backup | Views : 3394 | Replies : 18

Protect My Links

Why is when i get directed to the Protect My Links site to download a file i cannot download. I type in the 2 words and nothing happens?

Could i please have advise on which navcore and maps should e used for tomtom XL 30 series/330

please help
many thanks
Read more : Protect My Links | Views : 6308 | Replies : 39

Go190 with bootloader 1.0012

Hi,

I'm new here, but I've had a good look at the tutorials, and thought I'd post to get some advice before I go any further.

I have a TT910 with the following:

DeviceName=TomTom GO 910
DeviceVersionHW=GO 910
DeviceSerialNumber=*************
DeviceUniqueID=************
RamDiskVersion=20040301
BootLoaderVersion=10012
LinuxVersion=1000
ApplicationVersionVersionNumber=7903

Could someone tell me if I'm stuck with the v7 Navcore due to having bootloader 1.0012? Or is there a way forward.

Thanks in advance.

Freddy
Read more : Go190 with bootloader 1.0012 | Views : 2207 | Replies : 3

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162536 • Total topics 17236 • Total members 661629