It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 9:17 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Quick question about mem. card on One XL

Not sure what version it is as it's a friends (had it about 3 years) but does it support 4gb cards? Had a quick look and I seem to be getting answers that 2gb is the max. Is that right?

If it is 2gb then how would you go about adding the truck maps which are over 2gb in size?

Thanks.
Read more : Quick question about mem. card on One XL | Views : 5757 | Replies : 32

Fullbackups for Tomtom with installer

I noticed that several links to the fullbackups are either outdated or deleted, so I tried to put the most useful ones together into one posting.
Read first!]
Before you start with anything make a backup of your device using the Windows Explorer and not HOME!
Some fullbackups will make a reboot after the start of your device, this is used to complete the installation on your device, so please do not interrupt it.
For ...
Read more : Fullbackups for Tomtom with installer | Views : 3307 | Replies : 12

Weird UK post code problem in ONE XL v1

I have genuine 860 map installed on latest XL v1 navcore 8.010

It works 100% perfect.

Then I decided to upgrade to 8.412 downloaded from here.

Everything seemed OK but if I enter a UK post code for example RM13 8PT that code related to 12 story high rise building rather then the road thats the building is on, therefore in the next step after entering the correct post code it does not require a ...
Read more : Weird UK post code problem in ONE XL v1 | Views : 2988 | Replies : 9

Startup preferences / change start-up image / daytime nightt

I'm running a navcore 9.053.520930.1 on a TomTom One XL Live IQ Routes.
I'm trying to change the boot image (I know how to do this by changing the splashw.bmp) but there's another way that does not seem to work.
In this navcore I'm running in X30 mode.
When I go to Change preferences on the fifth window I can change the Start-up preferences, the second window then asks me if I wish to change ...
Read more : Startup preferences / change start-up image / daytime nightt | Views : 3754 | Replies : 6

Newbie question about aftermarket GPS and Tom Tom

Hi Every one.
I have looked on the forum but cannot find the answer to my question.

I have a Tom Tom 500 and a TT910 and prefer the TT experience to other GPS I have used in other cars.

I was researching to find a way to add Ipod connectivity to my VW GOlf V GTI ,when on Ebay, I came across an aftermarket GPS unit with all the whistles.

It is an A-sure ...
Read more : Newbie question about aftermarket GPS and Tom Tom | Views : 1821 | Replies : 1

map corrections

Is there a simple way to do map corrections on a sd card other than doing it through the unit itself.
Read more : map corrections | Views : 1766 | Replies : 5

How can I format replacement for the Tomtom 910 HDD?

Hello,

I tried to update my Tomtom 910 with a new Navcore. Something went wrong - the Navi did not start any more at all. Tried everythinmg including 30 sec reset. No connection with the PC possible.

So I dismantteled the navi took the Harddisk and placed it into an external case to connect it directly to my Win 7 64 notebook. At first Win7 detected the hdd but couldnt reed it. So I partitioned ...
Read more : How can I format replacement for the Tomtom 910 HDD? | Views : 3321 | Replies : 6

hi i'm new to the forums and wanted some advice on installing the premium voices.

I've copied all the files over and ran autoactive but for some reason after rebooting my tomtom the voices don't show up.

Wondered if you could help out at all. :)
Read more : Newbie | Views : 2059 | Replies : 1

Missing Internal Memory

I am supposed to have 1GB internal storage...

but if you look at the image below
the used and available space is only showing about half the capacity

should i reformat the internal memory or is the space being used by the device ??
Read more : Missing Internal Memory | Views : 3002 | Replies : 11

SDHC performance

I have read the tutorial and searched the forum...

I was wondering if there was a point when the card speed would affect the device performance?

Obviously the faster the card... The faster the nc will load...

Apart from loading the nc would the card speed affect normal operation like route planning?

I guess card speed would be more important on 32MB devices...?

Can anyone tell if I was to use a class 4 card ...
Read more : SDHC performance | Views : 1757 | Replies : 5

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162534 • Total topics 17236 • Total members 661623