It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:44 pm

News News of General Discussions about TomTom

Site map of General Discussions about TomTom » Forum : General Discussions about TomTom

Lost with a older TomTom One.

Have some previous experience updating these devices, however this one has got me surprised seeking a solution. Have a bootloader 550022 and later the navcore updated (patched OK). Installed the Benelux map 1015.9104 on the new (Fat32 formatted) SD card and activated with the activator as recommended here. When inserted in the device keep getting the notice: "No Maps found". Wondering what might be the cause. If possible please get me on the right track ...
Read more : Lost with a older TomTom One. | Views : 1526 | Replies : 6

Updating an XL IQ Routes

I have a friend's TT XL IQ Routes with old US mapping to update.

I have read a lot of posts and tutorials, esp. Downunder35m's one on "How to get the right Navcore and map working" but I'm not sure about the following possibile way to update.

Rather than empty the file structure and start from an empty device, can I simply patch the existing Navcore (9.510), remove the current map folder ("United_States" v.1010.8923), replace ...
Read more : Updating an XL IQ Routes | Views : 1037 | Replies : 2

Map not working because wrong name?

I downloaded this map Eastern_USA_and_Canada_1015_9160. I cannot get the .dct file unless I add this to my meta:

F4 63 A1 FF D8 43 C2 4F 67 E0 10 56 F6 75 F3 1D Eastern_USA_and_Canada-101721.meta ; Eastern_USA_and_Canada 1015_9160.

The original one is: F4 63 A1 FF D8 43 C2 4F 67 E0 10 56 F6 75 F3 1D Eastern_US_and_Canada-101721.meta ; Eastern_US_and_Canada 1015_9160

The problem is I have to add an "A" to US to get ...
Read more : Map not working because wrong name? | Views : 1276 | Replies : 9

How to download the specific option from a given zone (from

Hi everyone,

I hope I'm not going to ask a question that you've answered many times, but I don't think that's the case, because I've already done some research on this and other forums and I haven't found the answer.

If there is already a simple answer to my question, don't hesitate to link me.

I know that there are several maps and that each has a different coverage. The different maps and their coverage ...
Read more : How to download the specific option from a given zone (from | Views : 2072 | Replies : 20

TT Newbie

Hi all,

After reading a lot from the forum about my TT integrated with my Renault Koleos (it's quite helpful), I took a picture of its configuration:

Base on that image and the information I collected from this site, I have Navcore 9.884 and all point to the result I can't patch it in order to use the maps that are posted here :022: . Is ...
Read more : TT Newbie | Views : 1073 | Replies : 2

GO 700 not able to patch maps

I've been trying to update my TomTom GO 700 to the 1015 maps (or really anything remotely recent - it was bought ~2005 and had never been updated ever!).

I used the TomTom HOME app to update the navcore to 7.903, which I beleive is the latest that can run on the GO 700.

I then saw that maps 1015 support navcore 7.903, so I downloaded Western Europe 1GB 1015 9156 which left me with ...
Read more : GO 700 not able to patch maps | Views : 1209 | Replies : 2

910 HD Failing?

My 910 has become unstable, requiring frequent reboots after showing the red X on the screen. It will work ok for a while but then freeze. I assume the HD is failing and I'm planning to replace it. I've copied all the files onto my pc and ordered a new HD. Once I replace the HD - not all that difficult but requiring careful work - is it necessary to do anything more than copy ...
Read more : 910 HD Failing? | Views : 1223 | Replies : 8

TomTom ONE v8 stuck in reboot loop

I have an TomTom ONE v8 which is stuck in a reboot loop.

You get the TomTom ONE splash screen. Then a progress indicator. Then black screen. Back to the splash screen.

I have followed all advice which I could find on the internet in various fora but without effect:
  • Format the device and reinstall all software using TomTom Home
  • Restore an image to the device I previously created on my Mac using the ...
Read more : TomTom ONE v8 stuck in reboot loop | Views : 1251 | Replies : 3

Go520

Can the v1015 Maps be used on a Go520?
Read more : Go520 | Views : 1258 | Replies : 5

tomtom one map update

hello everyone, new on here and trying to workout whats best. sorry if its been asked before, please treat me as an amatuer.
i have an old tomtom one, (4n00.001 ) had it from new. cant load the bif for some reason. 1 gb memory card.uk maps.
i would like some up to date uk maps whats the easiest way.
thanks gnc
Read more : tomtom one map update | Views : 2726 | Replies : 17

Login  •  Register

Statistics

Total posts 162631 • Total topics 17246 • Total members 662309